Return of the Radio Shack Fusion audio cable?
Jun 10, 2005 at 6:14 PM Post #31 of 76
Hey,

I'm new here. In the market for cheap decent RCA to RCA cables, as I'm expecting a new headphone amp. Saw this thread this mornoing and went right out to the rat shack to see if I could grab up a pair of the fusions. Well, they had cables in 6' for 14.99 alright. , #15-2421. They look just like the pic of the package posted above. But there is no EMI reducing choke on them, as pictured in one of the links posted above. How to tell if they are indeed the vaunted fusion cable, or just another dress up of crappy old RS BS?

Thanks!

Jun 10, 2005 at 6:41 PM Post #32 of 76
Rnm4,

Welcome! Regarding the new version of the "Fusion" cable, the 3' version of the audio cable indeed still have that EMI-reducing choke thingy. I really can't tell on the other version. Perhaps one of the other members can verify?

Jun 10, 2005 at 6:43 PM Post #33 of 76
When I was there, the only one with the that were the 3' cables, but the construction seems identical between 3', 6', and 12'. Same plugs and cable material, and all were directional cable.

Jun 10, 2005 at 7:04 PM Post #34 of 76
FWIW - i needed a quick n dirty purchase of a couple of component video cables, popped into RS and grabbed the Gold Series.... and wow. great PQ for the price... HD looks damntastic with these. definitely canceling my planned upgrade.

Jun 10, 2005 at 7:19 PM Post #36 of 76
NEIL !!! you da man!!!

Im heading over to stevens creek blvd after work today!!! I hope you left some for me
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

Garrett

Jun 10, 2005 at 7:23 PM Post #38 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rnm4
Anyone?

And thanks. It's nice to be here!

In certain situations it might, but more than likely, it won't.

Jun 10, 2005 at 9:06 PM Post #39 of 76
Does RadioShack have a good RCA to mini stereo adapter? Or any place on the web that has a good inexpensive, but a great performer, one to match
my new Fusion cables? Or forget about the adapter cause it will downgrade
the sound?

Thanks!

Jun 12, 2005 at 12:06 AM Post #40 of 76
How do I tell the new re-packaged fusions from the older gold series?

Jun 12, 2005 at 3:40 AM Post #41 of 76
In my original post, there's a link to the Radio Shack webpage for Gold Series 3 ft audio cable and it pictures the old Gold Series audio cable. In post #2 of this thread, there's a link that has a photo of the new Gold Series (aka Fusion) audio cable.

Jun 12, 2005 at 4:36 AM Post #42 of 76
The fusion cable has a directional arrow graphic repeated down the length of the cable.

Jun 12, 2005 at 10:23 AM Post #43 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by dwc
The fusion cable has a directional arrow graphic repeated down the length of the cable.

Also the terminations simply look "better" and there are ferrite clamps on the ends. The standard Gold Cables simply look "cheaper" than the Fusions, and I believe that in the standard's packaging the word Gold is white, whereas in the Fusion/Gold packaging the word Gold is Red (of course this was a rapid digestion so this last bit of information could be incorrect - plus I'm somewhat inebriated right now). I believe I posted a pic of the cable in the packaging on post #15 on page 1 of this thread.

Jun 13, 2005 at 2:03 AM Post #44 of 76
Thanks for the comments and telling me where the pictures were. Now to find time to head on over to radioshack...

Jun 13, 2005 at 4:00 AM Post #45 of 76
Got a 3 footer for $12.99 and a 6 footer for $14.99 from the Radio Shizack in Mountain View (on Grant ave) today, they had lots of both (and 12 foot versions as well). These cables rock! They sound great and weigh a ton; price/bling ratio very favorable...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back