Return of the Radio Shack Fusion audio cable?
Jun 9, 2005 at 5:14 AM Post #16 of 76
Neil,

The 3-ft "Fusion" (aka the new Gold Series) audio cable does exist....I purchased a pair. Which prompted me to start this thread. However, the new "Gold Series" cables, apparently, are just now trickling into RS stores. Just a couple of hours ago, I went to my local RS (Castro Valley, CA) to get more 3 ft "Fusion" cables....nope, this store only have the old version. So check around.

Edit: What??!! Sales tax in San Jose is "only" 8.25%??!! We're paying 8.75% here in the East Bay.

Jun 9, 2005 at 5:17 AM Post #17 of 76
Oh well - I'd prefer 3ft but 6ft is a nice versatile length. I wonder how much cheaper the 3ft is but for $15 ya can't go wrong; I'll have to check back with RS in a couple weeks. I'm such a nerd!
wink.gif

EDIT: I'm now comparing this cable to my Belden 1505F 6-footer and they sound very close to me! This truly is an excellent cable and I'm glad it made a comeback; too bad most people into audio will overlook them and pick up the Monsters...

Jun 9, 2005 at 5:19 AM Post #19 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by NeilPeart
Oh well - I'd prefer 3ft but 6ft is a nice versatile length. I wonder how much cheaper the 3ft is but for $15 ya can't go wrong; I'll have to check back with RS in a couple weeks. Nerd!
wink.gif

$12.99 for the 3 ft version.

Jun 9, 2005 at 5:21 AM Post #20 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by soundboy

At that price the 6 ft. version may be the best deal!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 9, 2005 at 5:25 AM Post #21 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by NeilPeart
At that price the 6 ft. version may be the best deal!
smily_headphones1.gif

True....but too much cable for me. The 3 ft version of the original Fusion cable retailed for $24.99. So this "new" version is quite a major bargain. I think we should get these while they're available since RS can change its mind anytime.

Edit: Did search over at the "Cable" forum of audioasylum.com....6 ft Fusion audio cable used to retail for $34.99. And Neil, you got yours for $15.99?? Better load up!!

Jun 9, 2005 at 5:37 AM Post #22 of 76
Quote:

Just a couple of hours ago, I went to my local RS (Castro Valley, CA) to get more 3 ft "Fusion" cables....nope, this store only have the old version. So check around.

On Saturday I picked up a couple of 3 foot "Fusions" at RS in downtown San Mateo (a block or two away from where we had the last meet). At $12.99 a pair, these are less expensive than Blue Jeans Cables, and probably even cheaper than I can DIY them!

I've been listening to them for the past few days, and they are comparing favorably to my diy "voodoo packing tape" interconnects. Thanks for the tip, Soundboy!

Jun 9, 2005 at 5:57 AM Post #23 of 76
No problem, Clarke68....just spreading the joy around.

Originally I was going to order some Acoustic Research (AR) Pro series interconnects, but these Fusion cables are probably one of the biggest cable bargains out there right now. Need to locate more.

Jun 9, 2005 at 7:14 AM Post #25 of 76
Quote:

That is substantially cheaper than what I bought my old Fusion for...

Jun 9, 2005 at 7:29 AM Post #26 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by Czilla9000
That is substantially cheaper than what I bought my old Fusion for...

You're right. One thing that may be contributing to the lower price is the warranty....when the original Fusion cable was introduced, RS mentioned they carry either a 5 year or lifetime warranty. These new Fusion cables don't specify any information on warranty at all. So, maybe the warranty is the 30 days that RS gives its customers for returns/exchanges?

Jun 9, 2005 at 11:15 PM Post #28 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by JiiEf
Is this the FOTW, or is it really worth it to pester my American relatives for a few?
confused.gif

/JF

It's certainly the CDCAATM*, I don't know about the FOTW. I guess it depends how close you are to those American relatives!

*Cheapest Decent Cable Available At The Moment

Jun 9, 2005 at 11:52 PM Post #29 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by JiiEf
Is this the FOTW, or is it really worth it to pester my American relatives for a few?
confused.gif

/JF

When these Fusion cables were first introduced several years ago by Radio Shack, they were only on the market for about 3 or 4 months before they got discontinued. Radio Shack replaced them with Monster Cable instead. So after a couple of years and they are still getting positive responses, I think they are pass that FOTW/FOTM status.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back