Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead
Jul 1, 2013 at 4:29 PM Post #781 of 2,480
Quote:
Nice! Only problem is you can't use the upsampling or it will ruin the synergy of the lights. 

I now have to only listen to music that is of higher bit-rate so that I won't trigger the magenta lights.
biggrin.gif

Jul 1, 2013 at 4:33 PM Post #782 of 2,480
Quote:
Very Nice!  Great job building a high-value, great sounding rig!  Looks great too.

Thanks. That's what I was going for. To maximize price to performance. And to match the blue lights of course.
Quote:

Good shot.  Just got a borrowed Concero in.  Using it with the sam amp.  Different headphones.  

Thanks preproman. Can't wait for you to get the Ciunas and hear your comparison. (And okay I'll get the HE-6 ASAP (I hate you
wink.gif
))

Jul 2, 2013 at 3:28 PM Post #786 of 2,480
Has anyone had a problem with the Mac software updater being unable to find your Concero?

If yes, how did you solve it?

Jul 2, 2013 at 6:49 PM Post #788 of 2,480
I've always had a problem updating Concero on W7 according to the instructions. When Concero is plugged in and I start the update program it says "putting Concero in upgrade mode" or something similar. Then it hangs, so I exit the program. I have to first start the program, then connect Concero to the USB port, then the upgrading process starts and finnish within 37 s or so. The screenshots on the update page are actually correct. However point 2 and 3 in the instructions for PC should be reversed. Maybe it's the same with MAC (reverse points 3 and 4)?

BTW Where are the release notes for the updates? I need to know what to listen for...
biggrin.gif

Jul 2, 2013 at 7:12 PM Post #789 of 2,480
Hmm.. that's weird. The update worked just fine for me and in the order described on the Resonessence site. I'm also running Windows 7 btw.

Jul 3, 2013 at 8:30 AM Post #790 of 2,480
Can I just check something with other fellow Windows 7 users? I upgraded the firmware on my Concero and the 352.8kS/S and 384kS/S rates do not appear under the drop down list of formats in device properties. I e-mailed Resonessence and was told that Windows doesn't list them natively and that to use those higher bitrates, I'd have to use a player like JRiver. Is it the same for you all? I don't mind since I don't actually have any music at such high rates and I prefer to retain the use of the filters at lower rates, but I just want to make sure.

Also, FraGGleR, have you gotten any response on a possible upgrade program for existing Concero users? I really like my Concero but even if there isn't any upgrade program, I might be willing to sell it off in order to get the HD version because I'm really curious as to what Resonessence can achieve with the different DAC chip.

Jul 3, 2013 at 11:01 AM Post #792 of 2,480
Can I just check something with other fellow Windows 7 users? I upgraded the firmware on my Concero and the 352.8kS/S and 384kS/S rates do not appear under the drop down list of formats in device properties. I e-mailed Resonessence and was told that Windows doesn't list them natively and that to use those higher bitrates, I'd have to use a player like JRiver. Is it the same for you all? I don't mind since I don't actually have any music at such high rates and I prefer to retain the use of the filters at lower rates, but I just want to make sure.

Also, FraGGleR, have you gotten any response on a possible upgrade program for existing Concero users? I really like my Concero but even if there isn't any upgrade program, I might be willing to sell it off in order to get the HD version because I'm really curious as to what Resonessence can achieve with the different DAC chip.

No, I haven't. I don't expect that they would have an upgrade in place. Wouldn't make a ton of sense really.

I am happy to stay with the regular for a while and enjoy it. Plus I just got new IEMs that ate up the upgrade money :)

Jul 4, 2013 at 3:05 PM Post #793 of 2,480
Quote:
I am happy to stay with the regular for a while and enjoy it.
smily_headphones1.gif

That's where I netted out as well.  I thought long and hard about a Concero HP, but then I got a really good deal on a Gilmore Lite to go with the original Concero.  I can always make room in my bag for those two little boxes when I travel, and the Concero will stay at the heart of my office system (thinking about getting rid of the Arcam Solo Mini and PSB Imagine Minis, in favor of a pair of active monitors--Genelec 8030s, maybe)

Jul 6, 2013 at 6:34 AM Post #795 of 2,480
@burnspbesq: a bit OT, but if you're looking into active monitors, check out ATC-- I've got a pair of SCM 10-2A studio monitors, and they make some of the best sound I've ever heard. The SCM-20A SL Pro is considered by some to be the single best pair of monitors ever made... Anyway, give 'em a look, might be something you'd be interested in. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back