Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead
Sep 26, 2013 at 9:10 AM Post #1,163 of 2,480
Is there a way to get Android 4.x devices working with Concero HP by any chance?

Cable could be made just like this:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/666267/diy-otg-micro-usb-b-cable-to-usb-b-tutorial

Both HiFace Two and HiFace DAC seemed to be OK:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/595071/android-phones-and-usb-dacs/2670

Yay! my tutorial!  Unfortunately, the last time I checked, I could not get the regular Concero to work with my Galaxy Note II.  I can't remember if I tried using UARP or not.  Right now my Concero is packed away since I have no amps that can attach to it.

Sep 26, 2013 at 10:42 AM Post #1,164 of 2,480
Hello,
This is my first post in this section.
I got a Concero HD a few weeks ago.
Since I use Linux on all the computers I use for Audio (Squeezebox Touch, Laptop, small arm device).
Anyway, Since the Concero had problems on Linux (only worked at 96khz), I sent an e-mail to Resonessance a couple of weeks ago, and Mark told me they were working on it.
Two days ago they sent me a beta version of firmware 2.4.0, and now is seems to work on all the sample rates up to 352 and on DSD on the Squeezebox with EDO and the arm device (haven't tried the Laptop yet, but am confident it will work).
This should mean that Android should work. I would assume the firmware will fix all versions of Concero.
Cheers.

Sep 26, 2013 at 2:14 PM Post #1,165 of 2,480
  Hello,
This is my first post in this section.
I got a Concero HD a few weeks ago.
Since I use Linux on all the computers I use for Audio (Squeezebox Touch, Laptop, small arm device).
Anyway, Since the Concero had problems on Linux (only worked at 96khz), I sent an e-mail to Resonessance a couple of weeks ago, and Mark told me they were working on it.
Two days ago they sent me a beta version of firmware 2.4.0, and now is seems to work on all the sample rates up to 352 and on DSD on the Squeezebox with EDO and the arm device (haven't tried the Laptop yet, but am confident it will work).
This should mean that Android should work. I would assume the firmware will fix all versions of Concero.
Cheers.

Nice! I had noted the same issue with my Auraliti PK90 which also runs Linux. But I figured it was maybe a problem with their specific Linux fork, so I never bothered to tell Mark about it. Turns out maybe it was a more widespread Linux incompatibility. Getting it fixed is awesome. 

Sep 26, 2013 at 2:58 PM Post #1,166 of 2,480
Huge benefit of dealing with Resonessence, you email them with an issue and they fix it even sometimes making special accommodations to help you out specifically.
Things like this make it so easy to become a repeat customer for along time. Not to mention the amazing devices !

Sep 27, 2013 at 2:29 PM Post #1,167 of 2,480
It broke my Headfi heart to do so, but I just put my Concero up for sale.  I might be moving abroad so I am slowly moving to a portable rig.

Sep 27, 2013 at 8:25 PM Post #1,168 of 2,480
project86 did you comment on the HP utilizing its analog output to feed speakers ?

I know a couple people did, but I wasn't sure if you commented specifically on it.
Is the general assumption of a positive nature on this ? I know the double amping question came up but besides that ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back