Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead
Oct 1, 2013 at 4:21 PM Post #1,171 of 2,480
Hi guys, I'm trying the to get the best out of my new Concero DAC, and I was wondering if any of you who also own a Concero and are also using Audirvana Plus would care to share their Audirvana Plus preferences?

As for the sound that little box is an incredible performer, this is an MAJOR upgrade from my last two DACs (Audioquest Dragonfly and Micromega MyDac) more bass, more air around the instruments and overall a more "exciting" sound. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Macbook Pro
Audirvana 1.5.9
Concero DAC
Dynaudio 110A
Audioquest carbon USB cable

Oct 1, 2013 at 7:34 PM Post #1,172 of 2,480
  Hi guys, I'm trying the to get the best out of my new Concero DAC, and I was wondering if any of you who also own a Concero and are also using Audirvana Plus would care to share their Audirvana Plus preferences?

As for the sound that little box is an incredible performer, this is an MAJOR upgrade from my last two DACs (Audioquest Dragonfly and Micromega MyDac) more bass, more air around the instruments and overall a more "exciting" sound. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Macbook Pro
Audirvana 1.5.9
Concero DAC
Dynaudio 110A
Audioquest carbon USB cable

I have not used A+ for a while with my Concero, but when I did I preferred to have upsampling off and used the 4X IIR filter on the Concero. I also did not use integer or direct mode in A+. You will have to work out what is best for you and your system.

Oct 2, 2013 at 8:09 AM Post #1,174 of 2,480
Wondering if the concero works on any usb port?? When I first installed my concero I did so on a usb port in front of the computer and it worked fine. Then I moved to the back and it did not work. Any ideas? 
thanks

Oct 2, 2013 at 8:46 AM Post #1,175 of 2,480
  Wondering if the concero works on any usb port?? When I first installed my concero I did so on a usb port in front of the computer and it worked fine. Then I moved to the back and it did not work. Any ideas?

The front and back USB ports of your computer are probably on separate buses. The driver software might not be able to recognize it that way because it probably has addressed driver access only on the bus that you installed the device on initially.

Oct 4, 2013 at 8:34 PM Post #1,177 of 2,480
My first post in a long while, but I'm up for a DAC...  :)

Does the Concero HD have any audible hiss, hum or background noise?   I have tinnitus, and it's easily aggravated by high frequency noise.

And while I've seen questions about Android in this thread, I didn't catch reports of real success.  Anyone get the Concero to work on Android?

I'm asking about the HD specifically, but if anyone wants to answer in regard to the regular Conceco, please do!

Thanks.

-Pie

Oct 4, 2013 at 9:43 PM Post #1,178 of 2,480
  My first post in a long while, but I'm up for a DAC...  :)

Does the Concero HD have any audible hiss, hum or background noise?   I have tinnitus, and it's easily aggravated by high frequency noise.

And while I've seen questions about Android in this thread, I didn't catch reports of real success.  Anyone get the Concero to work on Android?

I'm asking about the HD specifically, but if anyone wants to answer in regard to the regular Conceco, please do!

Thanks.

-Pie

I can only respond concerning the original Concero. In my system the Concero is absolutely silent, no noise, silent background. This is using the USB input connected to a Mac mini.

Oct 5, 2013 at 4:28 AM Post #1,181 of 2,480
  Might have been me, or maybe toms[c]y2000 who said that. But out of my several dozen CIEMs, only a handful exhibit any hiss... As in, maybe 3 of the most sensitive models. And even then it's very minor indeed.

Yep, my FI-BA-SS is a genuine hiss generator. No other IEM that I've used wrings more hiss out of anything than the FI-BA-SS; it makes weak DAPs sound hissy.

With that said, I tried the FitEar TO GO! 334 with the Concero HP and it did pick up hiss, but it was very, very subtle indeed. Then again, the 334 is one of the most hiss-sensitive high-end IEMs around as well.

Nothing else I've tried has managed to exhibit hiss.

Oct 5, 2013 at 9:43 AM Post #1,183 of 2,480
BTW, for those wondering, the Concero HP has zero problems driving the AKG K712 Pro, or the HE-400. I didn't get to try driving the HE-500. It's already confirmed that the HD800 has no problems with it either.

This amp is very composed for my preferred listening levels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back