Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead
Jul 25, 2013 at 5:00 PM Post #886 of 2,480
Quote:

Yes its a pretty killer cable for the price, i have one with the mini end aswell. Previously used it with my Microstreamer :) I couldnt justify paying $100+ on a usb cable, especially after coming across a few posts on other forums. Buyers regret and all that jazz.

Hey I have the mini one as well. LOL for my Fiio E17. If I had the money I wouldn't mind $100 USB cables, but right now my budget is tight and that money can go to a better DAC. I'm curious about the Anedio D2, and Lynx Hilo, but everytime I listen to the Concero I kind of forget about them. My urge to upgrade just melts away as I'm hit by the awesomeness of the Concero.
biggrin.gif

Jul 25, 2013 at 5:13 PM Post #887 of 2,480
Hey I have the mini one as well. LOL for my Fiio E17. If I had the money I wouldn't mind $100 USB cables, but right now my budget is tight and that money can go to a better DAC. I'm curious about the Anedio D2, and Lynx Hilo, but everytime I listen to the Concero I kind of forget about them. My urge to upgrade just melts away as I'm hit by the awesomeness of the Concero.
biggrin.gif

Hahah we must think alike :p I would like to try the wireworld ultraviolet sometime, see how it goes against my forest.

Jul 25, 2013 at 5:17 PM Post #888 of 2,480
Quote:
Hahah we must think alike :p I would like to try the wireworld ultraviolet sometime, see how it goes against my forest.

Great minds I say! LOL

I'm actually very curious about the MapleShade ClearLink USB. It's very different to say the least. If I had a $100+ for USB. I would definitely try the ClearLink.

Edit: That wireworld ultraviolet looks interesting as well. Hmm...

Jul 25, 2013 at 5:23 PM Post #889 of 2,480
Forest for me too. For $25 I really can't complain. Pure silver is very expensive and I don't trust silver plated copper.

I might be willing to upgrade but everytime I read something positive about a cable someone comes along with negative comments. Just goes to show...

Jul 25, 2013 at 5:38 PM Post #891 of 2,480
I got a screaming deal on a lightly used Cardas Clear USB cable. There are alot of positive reviews of it. I generally think the lower end Cardas cables have a good value.

Plus all the cables are made and terminated in the USA
wink_face.gif

Jul 25, 2013 at 5:52 PM Post #893 of 2,480
Quote:
biggrin.gif

Too bad you couldn't make it to the LA meet last weekend.  I had a Hilo and a Concero (with a Gilmore Lite amp) sitting at my table.

If I ever finish my vinyl-ripping project (ha, like that'll ever happen), I could see letting go of the Hilo and just living with the Concero and the GL.  They're so good together that the ADC is the only real reason to keep the Hilo.

Jul 25, 2013 at 5:57 PM Post #894 of 2,480
Quote:
Too bad you couldn't make it to the LA meet last weekend.  I had a Hilo and a Concero (with a Gilmore Lite amp) sitting at my table.  
If I ever finish my vinyl-ripping project (ha, like that'll ever happen), I could see letting go of the Hilo and just living with the Concero and the GL.  They're so good together that the ADC is the only real reason to keep the Hilo.

I'll try to go the next one. I get the feeling the LA/SF ChangFest meets are the best/most fun. Hopefully my finances will improve and I can contribute something more than the Concero. I daydream about owning the Invicta Mirus.

Jul 25, 2013 at 6:18 PM Post #895 of 2,480
Quote:
I've been supporting the People's Republic of China my entire life with all my purchases living in the USA. Not sure why I should stop now. LOL.
evil_smiley.gif

That's good so that when my company closes and I lose my job I can ask a Chinese school child to sponsor me.

In the meantime, though, I insist on goods manufactured by Asian children. Amazing what those sharp eyes and tiny hands can do. LOOOOL
evil_smiley.gif

Jul 25, 2013 at 6:33 PM Post #896 of 2,480
Quote:
That's good so that when my company closes and I lose my job I can ask a Chinese school child to sponsor me.

I can see this now:

"Once you sponsor your very own American. You get a photo of that individual and a page or two of their sad life story. They need your help to access basic necessities like their fast food and cable television. Without these basic necessities these poor Americans will die. They will also write to you (only in English because their brains are too small to learn a 2nd lanaguage), and you can write them back, although they might be busy watching reality TV."

Jul 25, 2013 at 6:42 PM Post #897 of 2,480
Quote:
I can see this now:

"Once you sponsor your very own American. You get a photo of that individual and a page or two of their sad life story. They need your help to access basic necessities like their fast food and cable television. Without these basic necessities these poor Americans will die. They will also write to you (only in English because their brains are too small to learn a 2nd lanaguage), and you can write them back, although they might be busy watching reality TV."

LOOOOOOOL
beerchug.gif

Jul 25, 2013 at 11:19 PM Post #898 of 2,480
Has anybody been able to directly compare the Concerto with the Parasound Zdac. Just curious, I am kind of leaning toward the Zdac, mostly due to the built in headphone amp, but there are still a couple other dacs I have been looking at too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back