Research about beats by dre
Jun 10, 2012 at 2:17 PM Post #32 of 43
Quote:

I've heard both, and I would say the K550s are whole lot more transparent and revealing. But if you're after bass, the M50 would give the impact. The K550 does better with less impact but it goes low - very low. Also the K550s are alot more neutral and laid back with a larger soundstage. The M50s have recessed mids: not to my liking. Just my 2 cents.

Do you think the AKG line will move up fromt he K550's or down?  If they move up from the K550's I'm inclined to wait and see what happens. 

Jun 10, 2012 at 2:46 PM Post #33 of 43
Do you think the AKG line will move up fromt he K550's or down?  If they move up from the K550's I'm inclined to wait and see what happens. 

Hard to say about whether or not the K550 is the start of something new for the high-end or not. AKG is one of the only older/larger headphone companies out there that hasn't pushed out a flagship/super-expensive model in recent years - and they used to make some very high end cans, and the K701 was true top-tier competition when it came out (against the likes of Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic, Sony, etc). The trend seems to be towards manufacturers releasing newer and more exotic flagship products (look at Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic, Grado, STAX, Ultrasone, etc over the last few years or decade) - but AKG doesn't seem to be following that trend. I think a lot of people would be very happy if a new "uber-gizmo" came from Austria though.

Jun 10, 2012 at 2:50 PM Post #34 of 43
Well, at the end of the day, it's just a brand. You either like it or you don't. A lot of people seem to like the Beats for whatever reason they can conjure up. Some think it's the best in SQ; others think it looks absolutely fabulous. I've met people who think either way.

Ultimately, whatever choice of headphone someone buys doesn't really bother me. Even if they talk out of their arses about how good the Beats are, it shouldn't affect my choice in headphones.

If you think you know a lot about sound, you can try and enlighten them. Some want to be educated, others don't. It's just a headphone, and it's their headphone.

Jun 13, 2012 at 8:54 PM Post #35 of 43
Quote:

Willful or otherwise, ignorance results in damage to the fabric of a society.  And for the record, I don't blame Dre at all.  His (and Iovine's) marketing prowess is something to behold.  I'm bothered by the perpetuation of ignorance.  If people want to buy/own/wear Beats I honestly don't have a problem with that.  And if Beats fans wanna say that they look sick, I'm fine with that because guess what, they look sick!  But when they start telling their ignorant friends about how Beats are the best sounding headphones evah...

BTW, I was totally a teenager once!  And at 16, I was rocking a pair of MDR-V6s while it seemed like everyone else had a pair of those God forsaken Fontopia buds.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
― Albert Einstein

Looks like a plastic toy

Took that pic myself btw,

Military grade build quality, Tempropedic cussions pretty much, can be thrown off a 4 story building and still be okay, Kevlar cables, extremely rugged, looks like it's quality too.
Oh, and people think beats are way better, no matter what, just because of a logo, and people think my headphones are garbage because of dumb people reviewing it.

I learned that I can't trust anyone's reviews but my own, because people are just stupid, and base their opinions off of a garbage Iphone in an apple store with lots of noise and using display crap with people rape by bashing them up for quality, not to mention garbage DAC's and DSP driving the headphones..

Beats look like a garbage plastic toy. You can tell their build quality is just terrible. they are rickety, they make squeeking noises. 

Then again, when I paid $130 at the APPLE STORE, because I got them to price match using a gift card (I'd have never bought these without having a gift card)

Oh and if I didn't have some Sennheiser CX6 at the time, I'd have bought the Bowers and Wilkins P5, but I wanted bass headphones for my electronic music that could keep up with my Velodyne ULD 18 (too bad no headphones can do that as I came to find out), anyway, at least these don't look like a garbage plastic toy

but people are obsessed with that stupid ******* B logo, just like the apple symbol. They are not headphones for music. They are """SWAGPHONES"""

People would still buy them for that B logo over any other set of cans, knowing they sound bad, knowing they are more expensive and are built like garbage toys for toddlers. Iv'e had people look at my headphones, ask about it, say they look cool, and in the same conversation talk about how they plan on getting some beats, even after they listen and say they are the best headphones they've ever heard. It's like someone wanting to get a mustang and a camaro just because everyone wants one, but that's a bad example right now because they are now great cars.

Oh, and when I was sixteen, I had a pair of Sennheiser HD 595 I think, and Etymotic ERi6

By the way, since the hundreds of hours of burn in, and headphone amp in use, these Crossfade LP sound better than both of those I had, by a good bit. Like I said, PEOPLE ARE dumb.

Jun 13, 2012 at 9:21 PM Post #36 of 43
Right, I agree.

BTW, you're not under the impression that I like Beats right?  Because my avatar (if not my posts) should be pretty clear on how I feel about them.

Jun 13, 2012 at 11:15 PM Post #38 of 43
Quote:
Lol, I had no insinuations about you, I'm just getting fed up of peoples' stupidity regarding products :3

LOL, okay just checking.  Oh don't even get me started on stupidity...  In my book, it's one of the three things that's holding humanity back from greatness.  And yet, I realize that - as a population - we do need people to anchor down the lower end of the curve.  So in that respect, I must concede that Beats users make a positive contribution to society in their own way.

Jun 14, 2012 at 3:11 AM Post #39 of 43
Quote:

LOL, okay just checking.  Oh don't even get me started on stupidity...  In my book, it's one of the three things that's holding humanity back from greatness.  And yet, I realize that - as a population - we do need people to anchor down the lower end of the curve.  So in that respect, I must concede that Beats users make a positive contribution to society in their own way.

You guy's are getting fed Up to? You should see some of my classmates an the idiotic things they do AND say....Try to call me weird because im black and like to listen To Celldweller and say beats by dre aren't that good(i dont like them at all really). any way im pretty sure you get my point...Im not only fed up with humanity's stupidity(it even seems contagious <.<) but also these idiotic stereotypes!

Jun 14, 2012 at 4:11 AM Post #40 of 43
Man that is just wrong.  If you can't listen to Celldweller then Eminem shouldn't be allowed to rap.  Bet they wouldn't like that very much eh?  Music can be classfied and sorted in many ways, but skin color should not be one of them. 

Jun 14, 2012 at 6:53 PM Post #41 of 43
I listen to everything from melodic death metal to rap, to classical and electronica. The ONLY genre I really hate is country.

Check this out:

Here's a melodic death metal song, you probably think it sounds like crap.

Now check this out:

It's the same song on piano. I bet you didn't hear how melodic the first song was, lol

Jun 14, 2012 at 10:28 PM Post #42 of 43
Quote:
I listen to everything from melodic death metal to rap, to classical and electronica. The ONLY genre I really hate is country.

Check this out:

Here's a melodic death metal song, you probably think it sounds like crap.

Now check this out:

It's the same song on piano. I bet you didn't hear how melodic the first song was, lol

Good choice of song.

Jun 14, 2012 at 11:21 PM Post #43 of 43
Quote:
Good choice of song.

Thankyou, I wish I could get a FLAC of that piano performance recorded on a good mic :3

but, most people don't hear the music like I do. it's kind of funny how melodic death metal on piano will sound better than beethoven if it's a good song.

And now I wish my Velodyne wasn't broken so I could hear the bass on:

mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back