Replacing UE SuperFi 3 Studios: UE SF5 or UE700?
Apr 20, 2011 at 12:48 AM Post #16 of 18

Quote:
If I can throw my .02 in.  The Mee A151 is superior to the UE700,  Somone posted in the deals thread that they are on Amazon for 49.99 right now.  Out of stock at the moment but they will honor that price when they get back in stock if you order them. 

I wound up ordering the UE700s on Sunday... they're due to arrive today (Wednesday).  I'll give them a try, and if they don't live up to expectations, I may jump on the Amazon deal on the Meelecs.  Logitech has a 30-day money back guarantee... so I have that to fall back on...

Apr 20, 2011 at 9:34 AM Post #17 of 18
Let us know what you think!

Quote:
I wound up ordering the UE700s on Sunday... they're due to arrive today (Wednesday).  I'll give them a try, and if they don't live up to expectations, I may jump on the Amazon deal on the Meelecs.  Logitech has a 30-day money back guarantee... so I have that to fall back on...

Apr 21, 2011 at 12:31 AM Post #18 of 18

Quote:
Let us know what you think!

They arrived this this morning... I plugged them in to my computer at work for an initial listen, not that that was worth much.  I plugged them into my iPod tonight, and they do sound a little brighter than the SF3s.  I used them for my run on the treadmill, and it was very nice not to have to worry about a cable falling out or audio cutting out (both of which are very distracting during a run!).  They were very comfortable, and I didn't really have any problems with them slipping.  Not much in the way of microphonics, just hearing the running noise... but I suppose that's really an issue across the board.  I think I might have been getting a better seal than in the past.  I used them tonight with the silicone tips that were on to start with (medium, I suppose?).  I briefly put on the Comply foam tips... I will give them another shot in the next day or two.

Part of me wants to jump on the Meelec A151 just for comparison's sake... I'm pretty happy w/ the UE700s, but the deal has me curious.  Only problem is that I don't know if I could count on myself to return one of the pairs :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back