Replacing dead e4's: SE215 or PX200II ?
May 5, 2011 at 1:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Sebastianbf

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys
My beloved pair of Shure e4 just passed away. I fixed them many many times but they didn't take another solder job so off to the earphone cemetery with them. 
So now I'm looking for a new pair of portables. My budget is a little tight this time so I'm planning to expend no more than $100 I think. I have a pair of Senns hd595 for in-home use and I really love their sound signature. I also liked the e4 sound signature, but I always thought that they have been perfect with a little more bass and a little less treble. 
Now, I have 2 options, and I need your help in here. I'm deciding between a pair of Shure se215 (which will "fix" the more bass-less treble thing I told you about) and a pair of Sennheiser PX200II. I can't test any of them in person sadly, so I need your recommendation on which one of those to get based primarily on SQ. The most import thing to me is that both are "closed" as I'll use them mostly walking to and from the university and my job, so I really want to know differences in sound quality so I can decide on one.

Thanks for your time

May 5, 2011 at 2:04 AM Post #2 of 5
well do you prefer in ear? If so go with the shures. I only have experience with the PX200 II and i really liked the sound, very good bass impact and extension that didnt drown out the nids and highs, and they are very small and portable. The only thing i didnt like about them was the volume control, it's veru big.

May 5, 2011 at 2:17 AM Post #3 of 5
Well, I really don't have a preference between in ear or "regular" small headphones, that's why I'm interested in SQ mainly.
Are the PX200II comfortable on your ears for extended use?

May 5, 2011 at 2:48 AM Post #4 of 5
well i didnt get to try them for extended use, but i think they would be, because they are light and clamping force is minimal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back