Replacement for TripleFi10
Apr 11, 2013 at 10:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

arielelf

New Head-Fier
My 3rd set of cords for my triplefi10's just broke and I discovered that replacements run close to $70 now. I bought the FiiO cable and really do not like them at all. They are gigantic and weigh down the buds and make them come unsealed very frequently.

I think I would like to try a new set rather than buy new cords again. I really like the sound quality of the triplefi's. I have very low tolerance for really bright highs, which hurt my ears, the tf10's are very easy on my ears in this aspect, much like the superfi5pro's that I used to have also.

Are there other newer in-ear's that are not too bright and have better sound quality than the tf10's? I live in NYC and commute on the subway every day so sound isolation is important also.

I have read some good things about the Yamaha EPH-100's which is where I am leaning but I would love as many suggestions as possible.

Apr 12, 2013 at 12:11 AM Post #2 of 7
Coming from a TF10 user here, I would suggest looking into W3 if you would like similar TF10 sound signature with improved sound quality. If you are into vocals or mids then check out the UM3X too.

Apr 12, 2013 at 12:16 AM Post #3 of 7
I'm in the same boat...I got my TF10s from one of the Amazon sales, so I don't feel super upset replacing them....

I tried V-Moda M-80s but I didn't find them terribly comfortable, so I just ordered some Etymotic HF5's.....A little cheaper, but hopefully somewhat comparable. I never really found the TF10s all that comfortable either, so I'm willing to sacrifice a little sound quality for comfort 

Apr 12, 2013 at 12:37 AM Post #4 of 7
I'd get the 1964 ears custom cable for like 35$ its great and light. I'd get the Sony EX-1000 if you're willing to stretch your budget. A definite upgrade in detail, soundstage, detail, and mids to the TF10, though less exciting at times. 

Apr 14, 2013 at 10:53 PM Post #5 of 7
Have you considered having them re-shelled? I just had my re-shelled by Inear Custom and I am very happy with the results.
RC

Apr 15, 2013 at 1:07 AM Post #6 of 7
I might have a set of the Westone cables that I used for my TF10s before busting them beyond all hope of repair laying around somewhere if you're interested.  I too got tired of replacing the UE cables and when I broke my IEMs I ordered a set of E-Q5s which are supposed to be hardy and have good SQ.  The TF10 is supposed to be discontinued so I do not think I'll be needing the cables again any time soon but don't want to go looking unless someone needs/wants them.

Apr 15, 2013 at 6:41 PM Post #7 of 7
Thanks so much for the offer!! I have actually ordered the yamahas which seem to be bacordered but are supposed to be in in a couple of weeks. If I like them I will be selling the tf10's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back