Replacement earpads for HD580 / HD600 / HD650 from Ebay seller from China?
Dec 8, 2013 at 2:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

dvsone

New Head-Fier
I've kept my original pads on my HD580s as they are still usable, however I've wanted to replace them with new pads but got turned off by the price of new pads which is around $80. On Ebay there's a seller from China offering replacement for less than half that price (~$30). Anyone ever try them out?

Dec 10, 2013 at 7:14 AM Post #2 of 18
I'd like to know this as well!

Dec 10, 2013 at 4:35 PM Post #3 of 18
Wow, $80$ Is that from Sennheiser direct? I have a pair of 580's myself and ordered replacement pads over the phone directly from Germany. It was quite a while ago but the price was less than $30 if I remember right. I can tell you this if it's any help. I have a pair of Grado SR125's and ordered two pairs of velour ear pads from China and they are wonderful. They fit well and feel so much better than the crappy foam pads on the stock Grado's.  I'd have no qualms at all about buying the Chinese ear pads.

All the best,
Frank

Dec 10, 2013 at 6:39 PM Post #4 of 18
Yep, the prices have gone up some so they are like $70-$80 last time I checked. Too bad I didn't stock up back then when it was more fairly priced.

I went ahead and placed an order, he also sold the foam discs which I also ordered. Total price I paid was
$37.96 for a pair of new earpads and discs. I'll post a review once I get them​
. Interesting to hear your Grado Chinese ear pads are better than the stock ones, it's not what I usually expect to hear about Chinese made goods.

Dec 11, 2013 at 1:02 AM Post #5 of 18
I've purchased from Thomann UK for Sennheiser HD650 replacement pads, including the headband pads that are difficult to come by. I've found the prices to be competitive and they are fast in shipping, including to the US.

Here's a link to check: http://www.thomann.de/gb/sennheiser_hd_545565580_ohrpolster.htm

With the current exchange rate, it's roughly $60 bucks for genuine replacement Sennheiser ear pads.

Dec 20, 2013 at 5:51 PM Post #6 of 18
I received my ear pads a few days ago, so it took about a week to get here, pretty fast considering it was from China. I'm happy with what I received, I'd order again. Pics are below, my ~10 year old original pads are on top, new ones from China are below them. I got the foam discs too but they are not pictured, those are fine too.

Dec 20, 2013 at 7:55 PM Post #7 of 18
Glad you like the new ear pads - they look pretty good. I don't use the foam disks at all. Even before I replaced my original ear pads I had removed the foam. There's just the factory screen now between the transducer and my ears. You can now see the transducer when looking into the phones.  It really opened up the midrange. It literally transformed the 580's. To me they were a little too dark and recessed with the foam pads. It's easy enough to try it and if you don't like it, put the pads back in.

Jan 18, 2014 at 4:21 PM Post #8 of 18
Hi there,

I'm interrested in those earpads you found from an Ebay Seller (chines one)

Could you let me know his contact, I canot find him, for HD 565 wich are the same as for 
  1. HD-545
  2. HD-545 II
  3. HD-565
  4. HD-565 II
  5. HD-580
  6. HD-580 Jubilee
  7. HD-600
  8. HD-650
​Thanks a lot.

Sarah

Jul 30, 2015 at 2:48 AM Post #15 of 18
Ok my  ear pad arrived yesterday.

I'm using those on a HD580 that I just bought, so I can only compare them to quite worn original pads.
The quality is good, the velour is comfortable, not itchy nor smelly like other cinese ear pad i bought, but they are not as thick as the originals, although they are thicker than the worn out ones I have.

About sound, I don't notice much difference, but again  I never heard the originals in new state.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back