replacement cable for fidelity customs
Sep 25, 2012 at 9:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

strike771377

New Head-Fier
I have a set of fidelity custom duals that I have had for around 3 years or so (before they started stealing money :wink:) and the left side of the cable started shorting out.  Due to the company not being reputable any longer, I obviously didn't want to order a replacement set from them.  So I ended calling LiveWire, since it's the same product, and purchased a replacement cable from them for $30.  All was well until I got them in.  I hate the cable!  It's no longer a small braided cable but a very thick black cable and the moldable part that fits around the ear is suuuuuper long and annoying!  Anyone know of a seperate company that wont steal my money that makes a good quality braided cable with the 360 degree connector?

Thanks!

Nov 9, 2012 at 10:27 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:
Ya it absolutely is, however, I'm not gigging as much as I used to so hard to justify a $600 purchase...

The answer my friend, is simple:

You should do more gigs.

You may need to adjust your facial hair for this.

Oct 3, 2016 at 5:43 PM Post #9 of 9
I have this same issue.  I own a pair of Fidelity Custom IEMs and the original cable shorted out.  As I was looking at re-ordering their replacement cable, I discovered several reports of their delivery issues.  Since I was unable to reach them, I decided I probably shouldn't send them any money.

A couple years ago, I ordered a replacement from Livewires.  I didn't like the Livewires replacement as much, and now it's starting to fall apart.  I put in another order at Livewires, but the order has been in "queued" status for several months.  And Livewires has also been non-responsive to my inquiries.

I know the industry seems to have gone toward the 2 pin connector, but I'd really like to find a 360 degree replacement cable.  Has anyone found any manufacturers?

Thanks
Chuck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back