Replace jack plug on Sennheiser CX400 (need wiring help)
Jul 24, 2010 at 7:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Leon83

New Head-Fier
I'm attempting to replace a broken jack plug on my Sennheiser CX400 in-ear headphones. But I'm not quite sure about the wiring. The channels aren't separated because I hear sound in the opposite channel when I adjust the balance to left or right.
There are 4 wires. Red, green, copper (ground?) and the last one is red and green.

Here's a picture of how it looks at the moment:

Jul 26, 2010 at 8:18 AM Post #2 of 6
Hi, I just today had a very similar problem with my CX300II headphones. When I opened the jack up to try and fix the wiring I was confused by this green and red wire. However, I assumed it must be ground because I know green and red are left and right, respectively. I can say that this is definitely the case because having wired both the copper cable and the red/green cable to ground with the red the and green to their respective channels the headphones are working perfectly again :)

tl:dr red/green is another ground.

Jul 26, 2010 at 3:52 PM Post #3 of 6
Thanks alot! I actually didn't expect any response on this one.

Ok, so the red/green is actually ground aswell. Will heat up my soldering iron and try it.

Dec 22, 2011 at 9:37 AM Post #4 of 6
Replace Jack on Sennheiser PX100 IIi (for Iphone)

I broke the original jack on these headphones and got a replacement from Maplins, these headphones need a 4 pin jack part No.QT65V 4-Pole Jack Cost £2.19

The Green Wire connects to Pin 1 Left Audio.
The Red Wire connects to Pin 2 Right Audio.

The Red & Green wire contains inside a White Wire Seperate the Green & Red from the White sheathed wire.

Connect the Green & Red along with the other Common (Copper Colour) to Pin 3 Common/Ground

The White Wire connects to Pin 4 Microphone.

If you dont have the facility to shrink the connections after soldering and testing secure with resin (Araldite).

You will find all original functionality works including microphone and volume controlls.

May 30, 2013 at 1:56 AM Post #5 of 6
Hi, I just today had a very similar problem with my CX300II headphones. When I opened the jack up to try and fix the wiring I was confused by this green and red wire. However, I assumed it must be ground because I know green and red are left and right, respectively. I can say that this is definitely the case because having wired both the copper cable and the red/green cable to ground with the red the and green to their respective channels the headphones are working perfectly again :)

tl:dr red/green is another ground.

So... How do I connect my cx 400 with apple earphone wires? Apple has 2 gold and I have no clue on which one is correct.

Oct 21, 2013 at 5:07 PM Post #6 of 6
Hi!

I'm just doing my 880's now and my assumption was that the Red and Yellow are a pair and the Red/Green and Green are a pair. The green strand is just to indicate which of the Red or Yellow this particular ground goes with. Redundant, but having worked for Germans before, I can tell you that this is the type of quality assurance the put into their products.

N.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back