Replace Cowon D2 with the new Cowon J3 ?
Jun 26, 2010 at 12:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

LJN

New Head-Fier
Today I have Cowon D2 and UE Superfi 3 and I like this combination. Soon I get a new pair of UE TF10 and I hope that will
be at least "one step" up in SQ.  But, I am at the age of 50+ and if I dont wear glasses I have some problem to see the screen details
on the D2. Therefore I look at the new Cowon J3 and what I see on internet are the screen bigger including the types.

But, how are the sound quality compare to D2. I notice D2 have a little more power, 37 mW against 30 mW for the J3.

Maybe some at this forum have compared D2 and J3?

/Lennart

Jul 7, 2010 at 8:03 PM Post #7 of 10
I currently have a J3 on order, upgrading from an S9. I started with a D2, and unfortunately when the D2 came briefly back into my possession, I was rather annoyed to find out it's sound quality is notably better than my S9 (on flat EQ settings of course).
I use Klipsch X10 earphones, and the D2 has much more solid, focussed, and weighty sound images.

However, I still think the S9 is very good, and a good trade-off given its talents in the video department as well.

I'd love it if they would put the analogue output circuitry from the D2 into the J3!

Jul 7, 2010 at 8:21 PM Post #8 of 10

@LJN, go to iAudiophile.net as it covers all things Cowon, including the D2/+, S9, and J3. There's quite a few people that will help you to make your decision there.

Jul 24, 2010 at 9:27 PM Post #9 of 10

Quote:
I currently have a J3 on order, upgrading from an S9. I started with a D2, and unfortunately when the D2 came briefly back into my possession, I was rather annoyed to find out it's sound quality is notably better than my S9 (on flat EQ settings of course).
I use Klipsch X10 earphones, and the D2 has much more solid, focussed, and weighty sound images.

However, I still think the S9 is very good, and a good trade-off given its talents in the video department as well.

I'd love it if they would put the analogue output circuitry from the D2 into the J3!

Quote:
Today I have Cowon D2 and UE Superfi 3 and I like this combination. Soon I get a new pair of UE TF10 and I hope that will
be at least "one step" up in SQ.  But, I am at the age of 50+ and if I dont wear glasses I have some problem to see the screen details
on the D2. Therefore I look at the new Cowon J3 and what I see on internet are the screen bigger including the types.

But, how are the sound quality compare to D2. I notice D2 have a little more power, 37 mW against 30 mW for the J3.

Maybe some at this forum have compared D2 and J3?

/Lennart

Any follow ups to this? My Cowon D2 just broke. I tried the S9 and thought the sound qaulity was inferior. So now I would like to know from those who loved the SQ as I did of the D2 how the J3 compares?

Sep 12, 2010 at 7:07 AM Post #10 of 10
Personally, I think the sound quality on the Cowon J3 is much better than the Cowon D2. The bass on the J3 is much fuller and the overall SQ has more life.

Art

Users who are viewing this thread

Back