1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Relatively in-expensive closed-back full-sized headphone recommendations?

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by dougoftheabaci, Nov 25, 2012.
  1. DougofTheAbaci
    I want to get my girlfriend a nice pair of headphones for Christmas. However, unlike me, she's not an audiophile. She does encourage me, though. Which is awesome, haha!

So what I'm looking for is a full-sized, closed-backed headphone that sounds good directly out of a laptop or iPhone. iPhone controls/mic would be a real bonus. I had her with my Denon AH-D2000's for a while but then the screw broke. I'll fix them in due time but I was hoping to get something with a bit more isolation as those barely have any (even if they do sound good).

She listens to a lot of rock and dance stuff. A headphone with some oomph that leans towards natural rather than v-shaped might serve her best, I think. I'm open to suggestions, though.

In terms of budget, I'd prefer to stay under $250.

Two headphones I'm considering are the Skullcandy Aviators and the Incase Sonics. Both run for about $150. Anyone have any experience with these?

2. K_19
    Audio Technica ES7 could be a good choice. It's closed, plays fine unamped, and has a V-shaped response which is IMO very suited for rock/dance stuff from my own experience. Plus the looks that most girls should dig IMO. [​IMG]