Relatively in-expensive closed-back full-sized headphone recommendations?
Nov 25, 2012 at 3:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

DougofTheAbaci

1000+ Head-Fier
I want to get my girlfriend a nice pair of headphones for Christmas. However, unlike me, she's not an audiophile. She does encourage me, though. Which is awesome, haha!

So what I'm looking for is a full-sized, closed-backed headphone that sounds good directly out of a laptop or iPhone. iPhone controls/mic would be a real bonus. I had her with my Denon AH-D2000's for a while but then the screw broke. I'll fix them in due time but I was hoping to get something with a bit more isolation as those barely have any (even if they do sound good).

She listens to a lot of rock and dance stuff. A headphone with some oomph that leans towards natural rather than v-shaped might serve her best, I think. I'm open to suggestions, though.

In terms of budget, I'd prefer to stay under $250.

Two headphones I'm considering are the Skullcandy Aviators and the Incase Sonics. Both run for about $150. Anyone have any experience with these?

Nov 25, 2012 at 4:07 PM Post #2 of 2
Audio Technica ES7 could be a good choice. It's closed, plays fine unamped, and has a V-shaped response which is IMO very suited for rock/dance stuff from my own experience. Plus the looks that most girls should dig IMO. 
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back