regarding little dot MKii & MKiii
Apr 5, 2011 at 10:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

d8n0g

100+ Head-Fier
My Source for music is my desktop and wanted to purchase one of the little dots.  My question is "is all I need is a usb dac?"  I would like to keep it under 250 for the little dot and dac together-could you recommend a usb dac?  I will be using the grado 125i or 225i (undecided still).

Thanx in advance for your help :)

Apr 6, 2011 at 12:30 AM Post #2 of 3
I think the Little Dot MK I+ (about $130) and the HRT Music Streamer ($150) would be a nice combo but this goes over your budget a little. You don't "need" a DAC but its highly recommended especially if your already investing in a headphone amp. Another thing you could look at is the NuForce Icon uDac 2 its probably pretty decent and has a built in DAC its priced around $130 on Amazon. I think it would adequately drive your Grados speaking as Grados are generally pretty easy to drive. With that said I think the Little Dot/Music Streamer combo would be better, its all up to your budget.

At any rate I hope you find what your looking for and happy listening!

Apr 6, 2011 at 12:45 AM Post #3 of 3
A small advice for you. When you buy LD amps, don't upgrade tubes. You can find them cheaper else where, and mine died in a week... No warrantee on tubes, either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back