Feb 1, 2006 at 7:23 PM Post #64 of 83
LOL

who is selling the apollo and for how much? thanks

Feb 1, 2006 at 7:30 PM Post #65 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianS
LOL

Oz at LET THERE BE SOUND, INC. -- 801 S. University Drive, Suite C-139A, Plantation, Florida 33324 • tel (954) 474-4220 • fax (954) 474-4242

I believe it's $995.00.

Feb 1, 2006 at 7:37 PM Post #66 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianS
LOL

A post on AA said that almost all of the US stock is sold out and there is a 2 month wait.
frown.gif

Regarding Cambridge Audio, I certainly hope they have improved on their QC if they are charging that much for a CDP. I bought a tuner from them several years ago and ended up returning it within days. The software/firmware in the tuner was buggy, something they admitted to me on the phone, and it could not be corrected.

Feb 1, 2006 at 8:50 PM Post #68 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by replytoken
A post on AA said that almost all of the US stock is sold out and there is a 2 month wait.
frown.gif

I've asked Oz to check if there is available stock. I will post the answer as soon as I know. This is important to me since I believe I have my E-Sound sold and need a cdp to replace it.

Feb 2, 2006 at 1:17 AM Post #69 of 83
Does anyone has any thoughts on whether the Rega Saturn would incorporate balanced outputs?

It would be potentially great if they do decide to include them....

Feb 2, 2006 at 4:32 AM Post #70 of 83
I see myself being sucked into buying one of thies Apollo's, by this thread, so I need to ask: How high do I need to open the CD cover to put in a CD. Will the Apollo have to sit on top of the shelveing unit to use the top load?
tongue.gif

Feb 2, 2006 at 5:21 AM Post #71 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey01
I see myself being sucked into buying one of thies Apollo's, by this thread, so I need to ask: How high do I need to open the CD cover to put in a CD. Will the Apollo have to sit on top of the shelveing unit to use the top load?
tongue.gif

I had the same concern. I will have mine inside a cabinet with shelving that I am pretty sure is lower than the typical shelf rack. The top opens with room to spare. Another head-fier bought the one I was going to buy, tonight. He was in from out of town so I let him get the one that was in stock and hopefully mine will be here soon. Oz is going to check on the availability of the Apollo tomorrow.

Feb 2, 2006 at 6:41 AM Post #72 of 83
Issue #42 (7/42) of Hi-Fi+ magazine has a review of the Rega Apollo CD player along with part two of their headphone / headphone amplifier roundup including the Grado 325i, BeyerDynamic 880, Sennheiser HD595, and STAX 004 / 004 amp. Just for your information. The previous issue had an article on part one of headphone / headphone amplifier reviews including the Sennheiser HD650 and NAIM headphone amplifier.

Feb 2, 2006 at 9:47 AM Post #73 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
I've found very little info on the 840c. AVH Hifi has the info Mikey01 provided. According to one guy on Audio Asylum it will be out in 2 months. Another one said the new 640c will be out middle of February and the 740c in June. If the one assumes the 840c will follow the 740c then it looks like after June. This sounds like it might be the timeframe for the Saturn. The Cambridge website doesn't have any info on the 740c or 840c but does have info on the 640c v.2. I believe one difference between the 640c and 840c is that the 640c uses dual Wolfson wm8740 dacs and the 840c uses dual AD dacs. The dac in the Apollo is the same as the 640c. I've never dealt with AVH Hifi, but I question the accuracy of a price, below sugg. retail on a cdp that the manufacturers website doesn't even have any information. From what I've read they didn't have an operational 840c at CES.

Having been in contact with both Cambridge Audio and their local representative, there is no 740c coming out right now, just the 840c (which was originally supposed to be the 740c, before they decided to up the price?)

The Cambridge products tend to come out with a certain amount of hype, at least in Europe, so I really doubt that there would be any 840cs available at the moment - pre-order maybe? As for in the next few months... let's hope so.

/JF

Feb 2, 2006 at 6:14 PM Post #74 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by Welly Wu
Issue #42 (7/42) of Hi-Fi+ magazine has a review of the Rega Apollo CD player .

Well, in a nutshell, how did they rate it???
tongue.gif

Feb 2, 2006 at 6:19 PM Post #75 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey01
Well, in a nutshell, how did they rate it???
tongue.gif

I will go re-read it and write down some notes on the article. They compared it to the SONY DVP-9000ES and a Harmon Kardon CD player, I think. I will also take notes on the headphone / headphone amplifier part 2 article. I think that Hi-Fi+ magazine is a cutting edge British high fidelity rag, but the tone is very very elitist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back