Referencesounds/LFF's modded HE-5 >Code-X< thread
Oct 30, 2013 at 5:52 AM Post #106 of 344
Yup - the really reason I went that way is so I can get a feel of what the HE-5 sounds like before the Mod.

I out of curiosity checked a german spoken audiophile forum and saw a he5 ( the only one) for 319 euro being sold in 8hours!! What!! Does anyone know about the he-5 code-x or something??? Lolz

But seriously guys..if the code-x is really as good as i heard by now..and if that gets out..then a war will start to get any he-5's..as Luis said his is unofficially sold out..So the sellers will offer second hand models for the price they would go for when new or maybe more..AND SELL IT!.because if it really can beat a lcd 3 or he6 then a higher price (even more then LFF asks for the complete phones now) will be acceptable..

that happens when a product is in demand and very rare! Am curious how high the prices will be around lets say january/february when the first 10 will be in the wild and reviewed by the new owners and the word gets out it actually is better..damn..that would be a day in hell for hifiman,audeze, senheiser and all the other higher end brands i guess...

i think only stax will be relaxed..because many of their customers buy stax because they can afford it..and because of the name...they buy a sr009 almost blindly.. So they probably will never even think to compare a 1200usd headphone to the king of newer headphones..the sr009..imho ofcourse

Oct 30, 2013 at 10:42 PM Post #108 of 344
I'm just happy that I grabbed one before they are all gone. Let's see if they can outperform my LCD3.

U will find that out earlier then me..as i am probably one of the last ones getting one... And LUIS..if i am ur last one: MAKE IT UR BEST ONE..oopsie..hope i am not to assertive here :D
If so..a million apologies for that :wink:
Ps...Luis...am already mentioning ur code-x on a big german based audiophile forum also... Hope u dont mind..:p
U guys know me by know..i always like to spread the word when i feel something is really special.. And i always do it in my own unique way :p

Oct 30, 2013 at 11:10 PM Post #109 of 344
that happens when a product is in demand and very rare! Am curious how high the prices will be around lets say january/february when the first 10 will be in the wild and reviewed by the new owners and the word gets out it actually is better..damn..that would be a day in hell for hifiman,audeze, senheiser and all the other higher end brands i guess...

i think only stax will be relaxed..because many of their customers buy stax because they can afford it..and because of the name...they buy a sr009 almost blindly.. So they probably will never even think to compare a 1200usd headphone to the king of newer headphones..the sr009..imho ofcourse

Lol I doubt they will care out all. 15 CodeXs out there doesn't scare them Maybe 1500...or 15000 but not 15. But as I asked Luis...

"How is it that Fostex or HiFiMan etc has not offered him a job!?"

If anything the companies would go the geohot/comex route and hire him. They will not in any way be concerned about losing sales. If they are worried about anyone with customs it's the 3D printed alpha dogs.

All that being said, I do think there is a good possibility that the 1200 CodeX will be worth 1500-2000 used In a year or two. As you said, they are rare and at a certain point that will be the only way to get one.

All in all though, which owner is gonna be jumping to sell these? Yeah I could turn a couple hundred in profit maybe but then I wouldn't have a CodeX. I doubt the crowd of people buying these cans cares about a few hundred dollars. If we did we wouldnt be buying them in the first place we would either have ath-m50s or he500s and be content lol. Clearly you don't care =) and I doubt any of the rest of do either.

So to all prospective used buyers: be prepared to kill the previous owner and pry the cans of his cold dead head because that's your best bet at getting a used pair. If you do see a used pair...don't think -- just purchase immediately.

Oct 31, 2013 at 9:13 PM Post #110 of 344
Hey Luis...alias busy bee :wink:

.u have an important pm..i maybe wanna change something in my order :D
So pls reply..
Thanks my friend
Paulo

Nov 1, 2013 at 12:43 AM Post #111 of 344
Tell me you want to cancel it so I can have yours.
biggrin.gif

Nov 1, 2013 at 5:08 AM Post #112 of 344
Tell me you want to cancel it so I can have yours.:D

U wish..nope..only over my dead body u will be able to get it..hehehe
Just thought i could improve my specific headphone..and i just got my answer from luis.. He is a very nice and honest guy! He adviced to keep it as it is..so no chances... And no cancelling orders also.go ask one of the other 15 :D

Nov 1, 2013 at 1:24 PM Post #114 of 344
Nov 1, 2013 at 5:57 PM Post #115 of 344
Guys just a heads up I'm selling my HE-5 that I've kept in storage for the last couple years (leaving the head-fi game for the time being). Figured you loving people would treasure it much more. Purchased circa 09-10 and I've replaced original cable w/ HE-6 OCC cable as well as the velour pad w/ a new pleather pad. http://www.head-fi.org/t/688421/hifiman-he-5-pristine-wood-w-new-pleather-pad-he-6-occ-xlr-cable-extra

Nov 1, 2013 at 6:01 PM Post #116 of 344
  Guys just a heads up I'm selling my HE-5 that I've kept in storage for the last couple years (leaving the head-fi game for the time being). Figured you loving people would treasure it much more. Purchased circa 09-10 and I've replaced original cable w/ HE-6 OCC cable as well as the velour pad w/ a new pleather pad. http://www.head-fi.org/t/688421/hifiman-he-5-pristine-wood-w-new-pleather-pad-he-6-occ-xlr-cable-extra

Wonder how quickly these will sell

Nov 14, 2013 at 11:42 AM Post #117 of 344
Guys..any idea when the first batch of 10 will be letting loose in the wild? :D
Am sooo curious about impressions :D

Dec 7, 2013 at 6:06 AM Post #119 of 344
Merry christmas and a happy new year..and for the lucky ones who get their code-x before newyear..enjoy, u lucky basterds!!!!! :D
And dont forget to tell us WITH pics how it sounds :p
And spread the love of what luis puts into his phones :wink:
Mine will be ready first or second week of january.. :xf_eek:
Cant wait to have it in my hands..although i cant listen to it as i am still ampless for now..but soon all will put together to make it a worldclass kickass rig: A Toxicated Blue Circle powered Code-X
what else can u wish for? :D

Dec 27, 2013 at 11:10 AM Post #120 of 344
Anyone got his code-x yet? Am so anxious to hear how u think about the code-x

Users who are viewing this thread

Back