RedGiant: A Supernova in the Making?
Apr 21, 2012 at 8:56 AM Post #181 of 441

Quote:
Well the thing is, at this early stage, it's pretty much New Toy Syndrome and honeymoon moods abound. Sensible people would take impressions in these stages with a teaspoon of salt, but some people are not sensible. I'm not calling anyone out, so if I offended somebody, I'm sorry in advance. 
tongue_smile.gif

As excited as I am with the A03, and now with the A04 if the midrange is more forward than the A03, I don't think we should harass Dubbed more LOL. Let him enjoy the new toys. Besides, puttin too high of expectations has a higher chance to be burned out of the sky. 
wink_face.gif

Well yes - I agree.
I just need more time with them :)

Got to say it's one great honeymoon so far lol

Removed.

Apr 21, 2012 at 9:23 AM Post #182 of 441

Quote:
I mean...I'm comparing £40 (A04) earphones with £150 (MD7) and £280 (MDT) earphones here. (Price is their RRP)

Sonny, I think if you get your hands on the A03, you will be able to compare it to the ASG-1.
ASG-1 is obviously not designed like the A03, but the spacing and soundstage to some extent are similar.

Yeh i don't think theres many earphones that are under £50 that you can compare to some of the higher end earphones such as the MDT and mg7. Especially you who has heard some of the better sub £50 earphones such as the Monoprice 8320 (i know there extremely cheap but still) and the sony ex510 as well as a few sennhesiers in the price range. The thing is you have yet to compare them to any of these and jumped to the big guns is impressive enough. 

Yeh i think a comparison between the two (ASG-1 and AO3)  will be fun to do and they share a lot of similarities other than sound that i can comment on. Both new companies, both large designs that cover your whole ear and i am looking forward to a sonic comparison! Although these are a fair bit cheaper (half the price in RRP).

Quote:
Well the thing is, at this early stage, it's pretty much New Toy Syndrome and honeymoon moods abound. Sensible people would take impressions in these stages with a teaspoon of salt, but some people are not sensible. I'm not calling anyone out, so if I offended somebody, I'm sorry in advance. 
tongue_smile.gif

Yeh i understand how hype can end up ruining a product or even just make purchasers feel like they are not getting what they read so fair enough! I guess i just enjoy reading about earphones and was getting a bit hover excited :p

Although on the contrary i have found initial impression can be more genuine than impressions after owning for a while as your brain is not used to them yet and that have no become accustomed to the sound! There pros and cons both ways and as always in his reviews dubbed includes his initial impression and then his concluded thoughts that sometimes differ!

Apr 21, 2012 at 9:28 AM Post #183 of 441
What I'm really looking forward to:
Is comparing the RedGiant's with Dsnuts CKS77's.
Both seem to fit each others description.
By that I mean Dsnuts with the depth and clarity of the music.

And the CKS77's cost me £62 - the A03 would be around £100 and the A04 £40.
So a great comparison between the 3 would be ideal, on my part.

Anyway!
I really should get away from commenting too much.

I really want to hear people's impressions (of those that have it) and feel that the lower-end models are being a little neglected.
ie. for some who can't afford the A03 for £100, and want some cheap-esk earphones - The A04, and A00, even the A02, might fit the bill.

Now to contemplate taking the A03's with me or not for my "night-out" (listening on the train etc)
Might just take the A04, as I feel the A03's might be my new primary earphones.

OH!
And one last thing I should mention:
I feel tips wise (which fits) to give you guys an idea of bore:
Tx-500 on the A04 (asg-1, UE etc)
TX-400 on the A03 (MDT, c710 etc)

Apr 21, 2012 at 9:32 AM Post #184 of 441

Quote:

I really want to hear people's impressions (of those that have it) and feel that the lower-end models are being a little neglected.
ie. for some who can't afford the A03 for £100, and want some cheap-esk earphones - The A04, and A00, even the A02, might fit the bill.

Now to contemplate taking the A03's with me or not for my "night-out" (listening on the train etc)
Might just take the A04, as I feel the A03's might be my new primary earphones.

Yeh Surely there must be some other owners by now or hopefully soon anyway! Exiting stuff!

I wouldn't dare to take any off my earphones out with me but your cool bro.....

Apr 21, 2012 at 9:34 AM Post #185 of 441

Quote:
I wouldn't dare to take any off my earphones out with me but your cool bro.....

haha :p
Well personally, look wise, I find the A03's quite appealing.
A04...a little too shiny for my liking.
"put em 26" chrome spinners" comes to mind lol.

And if anything:
I rather wear the A03's than the MDT's.
At least a brother won't get mugged haha

Apr 21, 2012 at 9:37 AM Post #186 of 441

Quote:
At least a brother won't get mugged haha

God that would be awful? Please can you define i night out? You talking clubbing as I'm not sure they would be that needed :p

But yeh the AO3s look pretty cool! Im mot sure about the 'mirror' AO4s yet!

Apr 21, 2012 at 9:40 AM Post #187 of 441

Quote:

God that would be awful? Please can you define i night out? You talking clubbing as I'm not sure they would be that needed :p

But yeh the AO3s look pretty cool! Im mot sure about the 'mirror' AO4s yet!

haha yeah even on the pics I took you can see the bi-pod and all with the A04's.

Night out: going out to a friends house, outside paris, and there is a commute there.
So on the commute, what to wear.

Obviously when I'm there, one of the earphones will be safely stored in the MTPC case :)

Apr 21, 2012 at 9:45 AM Post #188 of 441

Quote:

haha yeah even on the pics I took you can see the bi-pod and all with the A04's.

Night out: going out to a friends house, outside paris, and there is a commute there.
So on the commute, what to wear.

Obviously when I'm there, one of the earphones will be safely stored in the MTPC case :)

Yeh i noticed the reflection in the unboxing!

Aah yeh, you need something in that situation then! Have you got a way to leave both earphones burning as if so take something else, if not burn aO3 and take AO4! What id do anyway!

Apr 21, 2012 at 10:10 AM Post #189 of 441

Quote:

Yeh i noticed the reflection in the unboxing!

Aah yeh, you need something in that situation then! Have you got a way to leave both earphones burning as if so take something else, if not burn aO3 and take AO4! What id do anyway!

My other source is the PC - but I ain't leaving that on.
Environment and all :)

Apr 21, 2012 at 10:27 AM Post #190 of 441

Quote:
Quote:
tongue_smile.gif

Yeh i understand how hype can end up ruining a product or even just make purchasers feel like they are not getting what they read so fair enough! I guess i just enjoy reading about earphones and was getting a bit hover excited :p

Although on the contrary i have found initial impression can be more genuine than impressions after owning for a while*1 as your brain is not used to them yet and that have no become accustomed to the sound! There pros and cons both ways and as always in his reviews dubbed includes his initial impression and then his concluded thoughts that sometimes differ!*2

*1 Hmm I somewhat agree. I myself, after writing down my full impressions of my FXT90 after week's worth of usage, found out that now there's some newer aspect that popped out, in relation to what I previously wrote. Namely in its case is a slight sibilant issue. I suspect though that it might just be my perception, as before nobody, or at least I may have forgotten, brought up any slight sibilant issue with it, and yet after dweaver said it recently, I started to notice it more. It's irritating to say the least. Of course I'm not blaming you dweaver!

*2 I need to include that too I guess. Seems like a sound way on delivering, and comparing, impressions for people to make their own mind on something this subjective.

Also @dubbed, I just watched your A03 unbox video, and you said you listen to it with the ZO2. Wouldn't that somehow affect the overall sound later? As I understand it, the ZO2 is kind of adding more bass.

Apr 21, 2012 at 4:39 PM Post #192 of 441
I have quite a few things to comment on, but I think it's better for me to just sit back for now and wait for TotallyDubbed to reach a definitive conclusion.
popcorn.gif

Glad you're enjoying them!

Ok, im curious to what you have to say but it look like I'll have to wait :p

Apr 21, 2012 at 7:24 PM Post #193 of 441
Nice write up... BUT... I've spent time with all of these (I recently left the industry) and they are not impressive. They SHOULD be, but they are not.
Not only are they disappointing in every way, they are enormous, ridiculously enormous!
If you already own any nice IEMs, stick with them and don't bother with RedGiant

Apr 21, 2012 at 7:31 PM Post #194 of 441
inb4 this thread becomes the festering ASG-1 thread that's locked now.

LOL didn't expect the hate to start at this very early stage. Usually its "ooh i found new stufz" > "everyone haz itz" > "honeymoon-induced impressions describe using hyperbole" and then the hate and skeptic starts rolling in. YOU'RE SKIPPING STAGES YOU FISH!

Apr 21, 2012 at 7:36 PM Post #195 of 441
This a discussion and impressions thread. Anyone can say they didn't like them but with what reasoning. I first posted being polite not wanting to cause arguing but since you didn't reply with any reasons why then I therefore guess you was just being wiring.

You didn't single out any model, any specific reason and highly doubt they don't do Anything well.

What you got out of that I dot know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back