Recycle Plastic... Don't wear it! 10% VOUCHER + WIN A M-100 + VAMP
Jun 11, 2012 at 10:50 PM Post #122 of 269
Quote:
So like I said, I understand if you want this to translate directly to more people joining the V-MODA Facebook page to vote on a contest, but I also believe it would be unsporting and unfair to the artists. I'm not clear if that's actually the case here, I mean I like the I.V. with the headphone plug in it that has 60-something votes, but a little more faith would die in me if another company I had respected put me in the same situation. I believe the common sweepstakes legalese actually has the "no purchase required" and other sections specifically because of similar issues?

Good to know Val is still committed to a panel of 5 judges and not based on the amount of 'Likes'.  But at the same time, I would think the judges might be influenced by entries that have a large number of 'Likes.  Which is why I dont think it is particularly fair that the V-Moda Facebook page is sharing only hand-picked entries on their home page.  Obviously this gets those submissions a ton of exposure.  Lets face it, V-Moda could post a pic of a banana on their home page and it's gonna get a ton of 'Likes'. 

Jun 12, 2012 at 12:30 AM Post #123 of 269
Having said that, I do think they chose some good ones to post on their home page...the 'Gun' (WiR3D), 'Sprouting headphones' (Andre Bonifacio), and 'I.V. Drip' (swbf2cheater) are top notch.  Kalbee's 'Flower' and Eveshrug's 'Plastic Migraine' are also very good but V-Moda didnt put them up.  Guess I can't blame them for not sharing mine either...naked dude squatting on a pedestal probably is not how they want to brand their product.  But heck, I tried to do something craaazy like Val requested!

Quote:
Originally Posted by valkolton 

It was a brainstorm, I put the carriage before the horse a bit on this one.  But that's okay, we like to be quick - agility is a competitive advantage for small companies.

We have thought it out more and will be posting the OFFICIAL program tomorrow on our Facebook.  

yes, get your Warhol-hat on.... I think the artistic submissions so far have been brilliant, it is exciting to see the creativity.  I guess the recycle bin is optional.  If some photographer does something crazy like David LaChapelle, I'll buy some full page ads for it!   

http://www.davidlachapelle.com/

Jun 12, 2012 at 12:56 AM Post #124 of 269
Having said that, I do think they chose some good ones to post on their home page...the 'Gun' (WiR3D), 'Sprouting headphones' (Andre Bonifacio), and 'I.V. Drip' (swbf2cheater) are top notch.  Kalbee's 'Flower' and Eveshrug's 'Plastic Migraine' are also very good but V-Moda didnt put them up.  Guess I can't blame them for not sharing mine either...naked dude squatting on a pedestal probably is not how they want to brand their product.  But heck, I tried to do something craaazy like Val requested!

Quote:

It was a brainstorm, I put the carriage before the horse a bit on this one.  But that's okay, we like to be quick - agility is a competitive advantage for small companies.

[COLOR=FF0000]We have thought it out more and will be posting the OFFICIAL program tomorrow on our Facebook.  [/COLOR]

yes, get your Warhol-hat on.... I think the artistic submissions so far have been brilliant, it is exciting to see the creativity.  I guess the recycle bin is optional.  If some photographer does something crazy like David LaChapelle, I'll buy some full page ads for it!   

Lol. All the entries that were shared 'cept mine. Wawawa.

Kojaku

Jun 12, 2012 at 1:56 AM Post #125 of 269
Best of luck to you all! Whether you win or not, hope you enjoyed making your piece of art :wink: and hopefully your intended message, if any, was passed through.

About that I.V. Drip, can anyone tell me which part of a headphone was used for which part? I haven't taken apart many dynamic drivers headphones to really know... seems like a driver enclosure at the top but that's by best guess. I didn't even know those things are called 'I.V. Drip' so I still got much to learn
redface.gif

Jun 12, 2012 at 2:10 AM Post #126 of 269

Quote:

[COLOR=FF0000]We have thought it out more and will be posting the OFFICIAL program tomorrow on our Facebook.  [/COLOR]

Yours is in there, I commented on it :)
Kojaku's and mine too, I believe.

It's all good. I'm glad to have had the excuse to make something without someone telling me I had to, so the project got me out of a funk & I at least had fun. The voucher will be fun too :)

Jun 12, 2012 at 2:34 AM Post #127 of 269
Yeah, like I said, if anyone who couldn't enter wants my voucher, I can't afford the VAMP even with it...Just PM me when the contest is over. Assuming I lost (xD), I'll just hand mine over :)

Kojaku

Jun 12, 2012 at 4:22 AM Post #128 of 269
lets not count our chickens or our losses yet 
wink_face.gif
 you never know who may win, or what the winners or losers may do.

I have been thinking, I'm gonna refine a thing or 2 on my gun, and then I'll do something with it (give it away most likely). After the contest is closed.

Jun 12, 2012 at 4:40 AM Post #129 of 269
@Val here you go, here are the images of how it was made and some high res shots.
as for you wanting it, I'll decide what to do with it after the competition, since I wanted to keep it, but many people have shown interest in purchasing it, or just wanting it. So to be fair to all the competitors I will wait till the competition is over to decide. May even have a charity bid.

Quote:

Quote:

Jun 12, 2012 at 4:45 PM Post #131 of 269
I have no chance...oh well!

Jun 12, 2012 at 4:51 PM Post #132 of 269
I have no chance...oh well!

No chance? I don't know which photo was your entry, but remember Val mentioned one prize of a VAMP and M-100 combo, and another prize of the M-100 picked at random "for all the left-brained" thinkers to have a chance too! And everyone gets third prize: coupon voucher for the M-100. So... You can't really lose? And you're no worse off than before, right?

Jun 12, 2012 at 7:52 PM Post #134 of 269

Quote:
I didn't even know those things are called 'I.V. Drip' so I still got much to learn
redface.gif

I believe the intent was to depict a chemotherapy infusion.  I have had mixed feelings about it.  A year and a half ago my wife was diagnosed with terminal cancer.  She was entered into a clinical trial to receive experimental chemo drugs.  On her days of treatment I sat by her side and as she drifted off to sleep would stare intently at this maniacal dripping cylinder contraption.  The drips had a rhythmic flow that played in concert with the pump. It was all evil to me - the room, the needles, the smells, the sound of poisonous toxins being pushed into her body to fight the cancer.  But, after 12 cycles of treatment she was declared cancer-free and is doing well.  This image by 'swbf2cheater' brings back a lot of emotion for me, of both pain and hope.  I hate it and love it at the same time.  Having such a profound effect on me, I would have to give this entry the nod.  My wife is alive today, everything else is just gravy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back