Recycle Plastic... Don't wear it! 10% VOUCHER + WIN A M-100 + VAMP
Jun 8, 2012 at 4:11 PM Post #107 of 269
I see that the Recycle Album is now open on V-Moda page.  Is this the new format for judging?   Kind of disappointed because I dont think it gives fair representation.  Everyone and their friends will just vote for their own photo...and I don't have any friends :frowning2:  I'm not even going to 'like' my own entry. What happened to the panel of 5 judges?

Jun 8, 2012 at 8:40 PM Post #108 of 269
Here is the gallery and we'll continue to upload the pics that weren't posted on FB and may be missing. I am picking the 5 judges soon!  So the comments are welcome, but perhaps some of the judges should come from Head-Fi (that didn't enter the contest).  

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151028560278092.489310.106696703091&type=1

Jun 8, 2012 at 8:54 PM Post #109 of 269
Here is the gallery and we'll continue to upload the pics that weren't posted on FB and may be missing. I am picking the 5 judges soon!  So the comments are welcome, but perhaps some of the judges should come from Head-Fi (that didn't enter the contest).  

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151028560278092.489310.106696703091&type=1

Yeah, I'd be careful about choosing from the head-fi, simply because I feel like there are considerations that head-fiers won't think about, like mass appeal, marketability, ad-readiness, etc. Plus...we have factions on head-fi too xD

Kojaku

Jun 9, 2012 at 11:01 AM Post #111 of 269
Quote:
Yeah, I'd be careful about choosing from the head-fi, simply because I feel like there are considerations that head-fiers won't think about, like mass appeal, marketability, ad-readiness, etc. Plus...we have factions on head-fi too xD
Kojaku

I'm going to start the "Monster Killer Army" (was gonna be beats killer army, but this is less direct and since beats is dead, this has more longevity) and run it like a cult in the members lounge and recruit people to bash beats, monster, and Skull candy and to go out and actively attempt to convert others to real audio, it will be a crusade of righteousness, our motives will be pure and untaintable.

I will have a Military Ranking system, I am the Secretary Of Defence, the more you convert the higher your rank. We will all have V-moda shields (on the headphones, or used separately as police style badges.) And everyone will vote for me to win, and I will become an evil dictator and order hits on people I dont like MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH 
very_evil_smiley.gif

this will be our font

BTW this is all a joke, I hope you had a good chuckle :p

Jun 10, 2012 at 2:13 AM Post #112 of 269
I'm going to start the "Monster Killer Army" (was gonna be beats killer army, but this is less direct and since beats is dead, this has more longevity) and run it like a cult in the members lounge and recruit people to bash beats, monster, and Skull candy and to go out and actively attempt to convert others to real audio, it will be a crusade of righteousness, our motives will be pure and untaintable.

I will have a Military Ranking system, I am the Secretary Of Defence, the more you convert the higher your rank. We will all have V-moda shields (on the headphones, or used separately as police style badges.) And everyone will vote for me to win, and I will become an evil dictator and order hits on people I dont like MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH :veryevil:

this will be our font

BTW this is all a joke, I hope you had a good chuckle :p

Lol. Yeah I was actually thinking of making my own custom shields like these:

ea844733.jpg

We could share it as the insignia of our army :)

Kojaku

Jun 10, 2012 at 4:03 AM Post #113 of 269
Quote:
Lol. Yeah I was actually thinking of making my own custom shields like these:
 SNIP
We could share it as the insignia of our army
smily_headphones1.gif

Kojaku

think It would be OK if I actually do it?

Jun 10, 2012 at 4:09 AM Post #114 of 269
think It would be OK if I actually do it?

Sure! If you've got a little extra cash laying around, make a set for me too xD! Jkjk. Sure, go ahead :)!

Kojaku

Jun 10, 2012 at 6:36 AM Post #115 of 269
Quote:
Sure! If you've got a little extra cash laying around, make a set for me too xD! Jkjk. Sure, go ahead
smily_headphones1.gif
!
Kojaku

was referring to making the thread lol

Jun 10, 2012 at 2:35 PM Post #116 of 269
^FUNNY

We have "V-MODA CENTURIONS".  

Fyi, check out this sweet pic of "her master's ____", featuring my friend's dog w a pink mohawk!

http://on.fb.me/LgAIEm

Jun 11, 2012 at 8:16 PM Post #117 of 269

Ah. I read this and my heart sank a little.

I realize how helpful it would be for us to be little marketing machines and bring more eyeballs to V-MODA's page, but I did something like that before for the launch of the Olympus PEN EP-1. About ten people were invited to come to US Open Tennis Championship at different locations, and I had a great time while really trying to get pictures that showed what made that camera special. And I thought that would be important, because we would submit our 5 best photos to a "panel of judges," but then they said the photo with the most Facebook "likes" would be the winner!
I had a slowly growing photography group at the time, and I actually got 50-something votes sending a mass-pm to all my friends in a plea for them to vote for their favourites, but... two other competitors abused the Mafia Wars Facebook game to get likes in exchange for joining their mob, sending who knows how many invites to complete strangers for 250 or so likes. It kind of upset me that any of the creative shots by myself and others were beaten by really bland pics and a vid of the photog taping himself at arms length while someone off camera talked to him about food or something.
So like I said, I understand if you want this to translate directly to more people joining the V-MODA Facebook page to vote on a contest, but I also believe it would be unsporting and unfair to the artists. I'm not clear if that's actually the case here, I mean I like the I.V. with the headphone plug in it that has 60-something votes, but a little more faith would die in me if another company I had respected put me in the same situation. I believe the common sweepstakes legalese actually has the "no purchase required" and other sections specifically because of similar issues?

Jun 11, 2012 at 8:21 PM Post #118 of 269
Jun 11, 2012 at 9:23 PM Post #120 of 269
Yeah, I don't think people liked mine very much, but I'll keep my fingers crossed. I was checking the V-MODA page every 5 minutes and then I thought, "Well, there are just so many better entries...", so I think I've relegated myself to whatever happens. If Val ends up using multiple ads, then who knows? Maybe I can win! If not, then eh, at least I tried. See you guys on the other side of the contest xD...

Kojaku

Users who are viewing this thread

Back