Recycle Plastic... Don't wear it! 10% VOUCHER + WIN A M-100 + VAMP
Jun 12, 2012 at 8:14 PM Post #136 of 269
Quote:

Quote:
I didn't even know those things are called 'I.V. Drip' so I still got much to learn
redface.gif

I believe the intent was to depict a chemotherapy infusion.  I have had mixed feelings about it.  A year and a half ago my wife was diagnosed with terminal cancer.  She was entered into a clinical trial to receive experimental chemo drugs.  On her days of treatment I sat by her side and as she drifted off to sleep would stare intently at this maniacal dripping cylinder contraption.  The drips had a rhythmic flow that played in concert with the pump. It was all evil to me - the room, the needles, the smells, the sound of poisonous toxins being pushed into her body to fight the cancer.  But, after 12 cycles of treatment she was declared cancer-free and is doing well.  This image by 'swbf2cheater' brings back a lot of emotion for me, of both pain and hope.  I hate it and love it at the same time.  Having such a profound effect on me, I would have to give this entry the nod.  My wife is alive today, everything else is just gravy.

I feel your pain, I experienced similar things on my own.   My heart actually sank when I read your post, my experiences were similar.  The intent was to inspire recycling audio parts and would could be done, whats more inspiring than saving a life with something recycled?

-Mike

Jun 13, 2012 at 4:14 PM Post #137 of 269
Wow, you guys are really serious about this. Most of the entries were really good and keep in mind that there may be multiple winners according to -  "A panel of 5 judges may also determine, at their discretion, higher discount vouchers or complimentary items for deserving photos".

Jun 13, 2012 at 4:21 PM Post #138 of 269
Wow, you guys are really serious about this. Most of the entries were really good and keep in mind that there may be multiple winners according to -  "A panel of 5 judges may also determine, at their discretion, higher discount vouchers or complimentary items for deserving photos".

Yeah...I think we're all just anxious from having waited so very long for results...

Kojaku

Jun 13, 2012 at 5:42 PM Post #139 of 269
Yeah...I think we're all just anxious from having waited so very long for results...
Kojaku

Our wait is nothing compared to the pace of geological events! "C'mon Val, Europe has moved a 1/12" away since this contest started!!" Yeah, I'm definitely curious about how much my photo was liked, and have been waiting still longer for the M-100 release, but I'm trying to resist gushing too hard about it (with partial success, still check every day) because I realize that there are plenty of other things I ought to keep at the top of mind.

It's just that the contest is more entertaining and more directly rewarding than the stuff I'm doing for my grandfather right now. Yes, I'm glad to help my family; no, I'm not interested in learning about real estate and have a hard time staying focused making house floor plans and pounding out warts on the wall mortar for over an hour while the grandparents are on a Balkan cruise.

Jun 13, 2012 at 8:06 PM Post #140 of 269
Sooooo.....Val....any info on the contest?

Kojaku

Jun 13, 2012 at 10:56 PM Post #141 of 269
Thanks for sharing that Mike.  It's a clean, well executed design.  Do you have any work-in-progress shots?  Val asked how mine was made so I'm trying to figure out how to do a gallery like WiR3D did with his gun. 

Jun 14, 2012 at 8:57 AM Post #143 of 269
Not sure I did this right but...don't look if you dont want to see the making of  "Shed Your Plastic". 

http://www.head-fi.org/gallery/album/view/id/656831/user_id/292136

Lol! You could've mentioned that it is safe for work... Though your boss may think you're off task. I saw you cut your finger! Cardboard cuts are nasty! I got one from black mounting board for my last school project in December, there is still a black line under my skin from that.

My "making of" wouldn't be as fun, just a few pics of playing around with the headphone wire to see if crimping it like sound waves would be cool or distracting, and a bunch of phunny facial expressions of my gf. Too bad my fav expression (that I used) ended up being dark because the flash failed to fire.

Jun 14, 2012 at 10:06 PM Post #144 of 269
Ok, we have two winners so far with the Judge's "VERDICT".  I'll post them in a new gallery TONIGHT!

Sorry for delays I have been out of the country and travelling way too much, I will have been gone from home for nearly 2 months when I am done.

All the entries were quite amazing, thanks!

PS - we are going through for consolidation prizes, there are SOOOO many creative entries, this was so fun we're already planning the future, perhaps it can be ongoing!

-v

Jun 14, 2012 at 10:18 PM Post #145 of 269
check out Facebook for grand prize winner #1... 

yes sometimes there are 2 grand prize winners in our world.

Jun 14, 2012 at 10:33 PM Post #149 of 269
Congratulations, WiR3D!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back