Recycle Plastic... Don't wear it! 10% VOUCHER + WIN A M-100 + VAMP
Jun 2, 2012 at 7:35 AM Post #76 of 269
Quote:
Wow. You guys are impressive. Evshrug, that's an awesome ad. Kalbee your photo is well thought out, well shot and well executed! Bass, I thought that was a toy until I looked closer. You're insane! That's an awesomely crazy shot. Wired, What is that pistol made out of!? Can I get a close up? Is that for sale, lol? That looks pretty amazing. 

Val, can you compile all the entries into an album or a group? I'd love to see what people put out. 

made out of headphones and IEM's and a kak load of glue, of which most of it got on me lol.
I will post close ups soon, busy now sorting the build pics

Sorry not for sale, considering i have adequate training, its a valid art piece, and the amount of time I have put into it, yeah IF, and I mean IF I did sell it, it would be a lot of money

Jun 3, 2012 at 1:39 AM Post #77 of 269
I tried to do the 'David LaChapelle look' (artist that Val mentioned) but my low tech camera gear (Iphone, Cybershot) couldn't capture the scenes effectively.  So I scaled it down a bit...and well, here it is.  Clicking the self-timer and trying to get in position on a pedestal buck naked while wearing a big black mask with no eyeholes in a 100 degree garage is not something I want to do ever again.  Unless of course there is another contest! I covered up the trademark vents with aluminum foil on the back of the shield to protect your innocence, salvage any dignity I have left, and avoid jail time.  Good luck to everyone!  There are a lot of good entries out there. 

Hilariously awesome! Lol DID NOT EXPECT! I'm sure you could've put a pair of boxers or briefs on or something without it showing, but maybe you thought it kept the integrity of the shot intact? Maybe the 100 degrees was the reason for buck naked over everything else, lol! Awesome, thanks for the image of imagining that effort!

Version 2, redone as my first attempt didn't clearly show where my old headphones headband broke. ​

[FLOAT=LEFT][/FLOAT]

From Evshrug:
Yeah, you clearly are showing the broken bit, and you still have that nice texture that this time is also cleaner with less color blotches... But somehow doesn't feel as painterly as the first. Still, I like 'EM both :)

Jun 3, 2012 at 1:52 AM Post #78 of 269
Wow. You guys are impressive. Evshrug, that's an awesome ad. Kalbee your photo is well thought out, well shot and well executed! Bass, I thought that was a toy until I looked closer. You're insane! That's an awesomely crazy shot. Wired, What is that pistol made out of!? Can I get a close up? Is that for sale, lol? That looks pretty amazing. 

Val, can you compile all the entries into an album or a group? I'd love to see what people put out. 

Thanks for the validation! Feels good, though personally I kinda wish I went back and refined mine... But I'm still happy with it. I bet most artists feel that way. However, I'd also like to see all the entries :)

Jun 3, 2012 at 2:34 AM Post #79 of 269
Quote:
I tried to do the 'David LaChapelle look' (artist that Val mentioned) but my low tech camera gear (Iphone, Cybershot) couldn't capture the scenes effectively.  So I scaled it down a bit...and well, here it is.  Clicking the self-timer and trying to get in position on a pedestal buck naked while wearing a big black mask with no eyeholes in a 100 degree garage is not something I want to do ever again.  Unless of course there is another contest! I covered up the trademark vents with aluminum foil on the back of the shield to protect your innocence, salvage any dignity I have left, and avoid jail time.  Good luck to everyone!  There are a lot of good entries out there. 

hahaha, great job everyone! but my vote goes to^
biggrin.gif

*Sent from my Laptop without using Tapatalk 2

Jun 3, 2012 at 2:48 AM Post #80 of 269
Thanks for the validation! Feels good, though personally I kinda wish I went back and refined mine... But I'm still happy with it. I bet most artists feel that way. However, I'd also like to see all the entries :)

It's true, most artists always have something they can improve. I feel that way as well

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk 2

Jun 3, 2012 at 5:22 AM Post #81 of 269
Jun 3, 2012 at 1:25 PM Post #82 of 269
Jun 3, 2012 at 8:02 PM Post #83 of 269
Quote:

Ahaha! Oh man I cracked up so hard when I saw this... and here I was about to poke a comment about the vents!
biggrin.gif

That being said, very clever captions!

Hope you weren't seen in the picture shoot process by unrelated personnel
cool.gif

Jun 3, 2012 at 8:13 PM Post #84 of 269
Thanks for your comments guys. Haha!  I wasn't sure what kind of response I'd get.  I too would like to see all the entries grouped into one album so they can be viewed all at once.  Didn't Val say he was going to make a submission also?  By the way, where he at?  Haven't seen him post in a while now. July 4th quickly approaching!!

Jun 3, 2012 at 8:22 PM Post #85 of 269
edit....  I meant to say the photography in 054k4's was exceptional.  However, Kalbee's entry is equally as impressive.  Got confused because they have similar theme (headphones planted in the ground).   WiR3D - your gun is awesome but not so sure about having it pointed at her head?  Is she holding the gun or you?

By the way...How did you guys get your pics posted on V-Moda's Facebook wall?  I'm new to Facebook and not sure if I did it correctly. Or maybe they didn't approve of mine and only posted the best :frowning2: ?  But, this is another good reason to have all the pics grouped together, so we know are entries are officially recognized. 

Jun 6, 2012 at 2:56 PM Post #86 of 269
V-Moda only shared three of the entries. Mine, the gun, and the headphone leaves planted in the ground. I have yet to hear anything from the facebook page or on here. I'm starting to wonder what's going on...

Kojaku

Jun 6, 2012 at 3:13 PM Post #87 of 269
Quote:
V-Moda only shared three of the entries. Mine, the gun, and the headphone leaves planted in the ground. I have yet to hear anything from the facebook page or on here. I'm starting to wonder what's going on...

Kojaku

Just because they shared it doesn't mean all 5 judges agreed, But I will guess atleast 1 did 
wink_face.gif

Jun 6, 2012 at 3:28 PM Post #88 of 269
Well I wasn't meaning to say that I know who won. I was just expressing my curiosity as to what is going on with the entries...

Kojaku

Jun 6, 2012 at 4:58 PM Post #89 of 269
I'm a bit curious, too. Some of the earlier entries already received their 10% discount codes. I saw some postings by V-MODA telling the entrants to check their facebook PMs for the code. I'm guessing the ones who didn't get codes yet, are the ones being judged. I really enjoyed making my entry and watching your guys' entries pop up here. We should do this again just for the hell of it.

Jun 6, 2012 at 5:05 PM Post #90 of 269
Quote:
Well I wasn't meaning to say that I know who won. I was just expressing my curiosity as to what is going on with the entries...

Kojaku

derp...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back