Recording Vinyl to Computer
Jan 24, 2003 at 5:36 PM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally posted by erikzen
Point well taken.

So back to my original question...suggestions on a phono preamp/stage under $300.

The radio shack phono stage or a good used (or even new) receiver or preamp will work great for this project for all the reasons previously stated.

Jan 24, 2003 at 8:13 PM Post #18 of 21
The xp201 looks really interesting. Sort of an all in one solution, although those are rarely the best bet. But for my situation it just might work. A good mix of convience and value. Plus, it has a headphone amp. Has anyone heard this thing? I can't find any reviews on it. Maybe I'll post the question in another thread.

Jan 25, 2003 at 4:06 PM Post #19 of 21
...I have a Lil' Rat and a Plainview 9V with recharger sitting around that you can borrow, if you like. I should cost like $2 to ship, so if you just stick $2 in the package when you send it back, that would be fine by me.

There is no ****ing way any better preamp is going to get any sort of substantially better performance from the gear you've got. Maybe it might "capture the essence" of the distortion, noise, pitch shifting, etc. a touch better.

It's a great preamp and the rental price is right (free) for your temporary job. Let me know if you're interested.

- Matt

Jan 26, 2003 at 2:14 AM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

Originally posted by morphsci
Well you may want to give THIS a shot for $100. Unless you plan to get a new turntable, cartridge and a vacuum record cleaner this may be all you need.

Unless the sound is really subpar, it looks like a pretty good deal with the free version of Diamondcut included (plus DART).

Jan 26, 2003 at 2:38 AM Post #21 of 21
Matt,

Thanks for the offer. I sent you a PM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back