Recommended headphones for Trance/House/Bass on Ipod Classic
Dec 29, 2010 at 8:34 PM Post #16 of 19
1. Marketing
2. Endorsement royalties to Dr. Dre himself
3. Companies exist to maximize profit.  If you are willing to pay it, they will not lower the price.
4. Brand exclusivity.  They would rather sell 10 headphones at $300, than 100 headphones at $30.   If less people have it, it seems more valuable.  In reality, it's an illusion.   

Quote:
Anyone have opinions on beat's PRO's?
Why the greater $$ tag

Dec 29, 2010 at 8:37 PM Post #17 of 19

Quote:
Quote:
Anyone have opinions on beat's PRO's?
Why the greater $$ tag

Better build quality but the way they are built makes them not clamp enough and so they don''t get a good seal on my head this led to some utter crap sound. I don't know I;m not the one to judge them but the Studio;'s were far superior when I A/B'd them against each other.

I still wouldn't pay $300 for either, I'd rather have D2000's and pocket what I didn't spend.

I'm shying away from Beats very much so lately becuase of ALL the horror stories I've heard about the band snapping
Damn, these Shures 750DJ's are sounding NICE with the itunes equalizer on bass booster!
Might keep shures and grab XB500's too, and still be under the range of Beats!!!

Dec 29, 2010 at 8:40 PM Post #18 of 19
Speaking of Beats.... watched the first day of the Ski jumping tournament today and ofc I see the the two biggest stars from the austrian team walking around with those, one with the Studios and the other with the Studio Pro. Then another guy, the biggest star from the swiss team comes walking around with some of the Ultrasones (didn't get to see which but it had chromed cups) and I'm like YAY! *dad gives me this weird look*

Dec 29, 2010 at 11:53 PM Post #19 of 19
Seeing the headphones you have now. I would recommend the XB500's, they are fun and the most bassy. They shake your head. When people have NO headphones I usually recommend the XB700, its softer on your ears. But since you have headphones you can work with. Go ahead and spam the bass of the XB500`s and on days where your not in the mood, use your other cans. The 500`s are too much for constant listening so I don`t recommend them too often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back