Recommended headphones for recording radio documentaries?
May 1, 2011 at 5:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ryanradio

New Head-Fier
Hey everybody,

I know nothing about headphone technology and have up to this point owned nothing but crap (my last headphones were skull candy : ( But now that I am recording in the field and editing audio for the radio I am ready to step up to a high quality headphone so that I can actually hear what I am making. Where should I start? I'm willing to pay up to 350 but much prefer to pay from 100 to 250. Recomendations? 

Thanks 

May 1, 2011 at 11:07 PM Post #4 of 6
Hey Acix,

Why do you prefer the GMP 8.35 D monitor over the senns? for recording in the field and editing audio at home what advantages to they have for you over the HD 25-1's? 

Thanks

May 2, 2011 at 5:01 AM Post #5 of 6

Quote:
Hey Acix,

Why do you prefer the GMP 8.35 D monitor over the senns? for recording in the field and editing audio at home what advantages to they have for you over the HD 25-1's? 

Thanks

The GMP are more comfy for me (big head), bigger sound stage and I made the pads mod... they sounds very flat and balanced now.

May 4, 2011 at 5:02 PM Post #6 of 6
Thanks to both of you guys!!! this forum is great and you guys were supper helpfull. I did some reading based off your recomendations and I think I'm going to go for the senns becuase they sound like the most portable (wearable around the neck) closed cans out there. Thanks guys. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back