Recommendations?
Jun 1, 2011 at 7:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

TheIronGiant

New Head-Fier
I need a new pair of IEMs to wear at my job. I need for them to offer very good isolation as I work with puppies and they get very loud. Another big factor would be comfort, my current pair just aren't very comfortable. A few other factors, very low microphonics, a price tag of under 150$. The music that I listen to is usually dubstep, electronic, and other music with lots of bass. I am a basshead and need a headphone to satisfy my desire for bass. Any recommendations of a pair to make me happy?

Jun 1, 2011 at 7:38 PM Post #2 of 7
HiFiman RE-0 might be worth a look Or the Denon C710.

Natty.

Jun 1, 2011 at 7:41 PM Post #3 of 7
If you could find a MTPG or MTPC (Monster Pro Gold/Copper) for less than $150, I would go with that. I know i2ehan has a MTPC for sale on the FS thread, so you might want to check that out. He has them for $180, but that's only $30 more...

You could also check out the Atrio X or Atrio M5 (w/ MG7 drivers.) Those have been getting a lot of good reviews around Head-fi. I think the X retails for $70 and the M5 is somewhere in the ~$150 range, though you can usually find them for sub-$150 on the FS thread...

The only reason I didn't suggest the Triple Fi. 10 is because their fit is subjective. I, for one, had a lot of problems with fit, resulting in the fact that I couldn't wear them for more than 30 minutes...

Jun 1, 2011 at 7:43 PM Post #4 of 7

Quote:
HiFiman RE-0 might be worth a look Or the Denon C710.

Natty.

I really don't think a "basshead" would like the RE-0. They don't have enough bass presence to warrant a buy from a basshead IMO. I didn't find them that appealing due to the anemic bass... I'm not saying it isn't well textured, I'm just saying it doesn't have the quantity to satisfy a basshead.

Jun 1, 2011 at 8:14 PM Post #5 of 7
I am looking at the Atrio x, which looks very promising considering its so much cheaper than what I was going to spend. Thanks for the suggestion, unless I find something else in a few days, I am gonna get them.

Jun 1, 2011 at 9:01 PM Post #6 of 7
You will have to burn those in, play tons of music through them, for 100 hours or so for them to sound their best. Apparently they really open up after hundreds of hours of burn-in.

Welcome to Head-fi and congratulations on getting your first set of high-quality IEMs, your wallet will hate you from here on out 
wink_face.gif
 *chuckles*

Jun 1, 2011 at 9:33 PM Post #7 of 7
Thanks for the welcome, and I will be sure to play LOTS of music for a long time. :cool: And I'm sure that my wallet is going to go mad sooner or later, I shouldn't have so many expensive hobbies.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back