recommendations please-- DAC/DAP players portable
Feb 22, 2014 at 10:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

artguide

New Head-Fier
I am thinking of getting a fiio X3/X5 - Dx 50 or Ak,-- i want to listen to my hires music AS hi res music on my Grado ps 500's and also on my car stereo.

can any one guide me in this choice..   I would like to spend less and get more, obviously, but  i am really confused by al the internet chatter and what is CURRENTLY valid information...
thanks
in advance

E

Feb 23, 2014 at 1:50 AM Post #2 of 6
Well DX50 is only $250 shipped from iBasso and it is one of the best bang-for the buck products I bought so far. It can drive a lot of headphones well and although the background is less dark compared to A&K, I love the transparent sound out of the iBasso. You could do a lot worse with the terrible UI of Fiio's X3.

Mar 31, 2014 at 10:48 AM Post #5 of 6
I second the DX50 as it will be the best for your buck, yes there are other dap that sound better but u''ll be hard pressed to find any other value dap out there right now.

Apr 2, 2014 at 4:53 PM Post #6 of 6
I second the DX50 as it will be the best for your buck, yes there are other dap that sound better but u''ll be hard pressed to find any other value dap out there right now.

Until I got the chance to review the X5 tour unit, I would have agreed that my DX50 has the best bang for the buck. However now, i can hardly listen to my DX50 any more knowing how good my headphones should sound. I should point out that your preferred signature and synergy with your headphones is the most important things to consider. If you are interested, my review compares the X5 to the DX50 with various headphone pairings:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/fiio-x5-high-res-portable-music-player/reviews/10579

Users who are viewing this thread

Back