Recommendations on really clear, deep, and hopefully head shattering bass headphones?
Oct 30, 2010 at 11:40 AM Post #16 of 38
Ugh... A thread about bass headphones and nobody at least mentioned DT 770 Pro 80 Ohms before this guy made a purchase?
confused.gif

Oct 30, 2010 at 1:18 PM Post #17 of 38
FIRST OFF. THANK YOU GUYS FOR THE SUGGESTIONS. YOU REALLY SAVED MY WALLET. I went to bestbuy and side by side compared my sony XB500s to the the monster pros, studios and 3 pairs of the solos. AND I AM KEEPING THE SONYS. They have more bass than the Solos and the price IS 1/3. Thank you so much guys.

My only question is. What about the sony xb700s. Can those with a good EQ be as punch and bassy as the Xb500s?

Oct 30, 2010 at 2:43 PM Post #18 of 38
I think the 500 will be pretty good. I too have been looking for some bass monsters and after getting some feedback from some members here, I think that you and I will both like the 500 over the 700.

Oct 30, 2010 at 8:42 PM Post #21 of 38
lol i used to own the monster beats studio. but wanted more bass and someone on here suggested these.
the monster studios were my first ever headphones that werent apple earbuds for $6.50 on ebay a pair

i should change the avatar but its goofy and i like it

Oct 31, 2010 at 4:49 PM Post #22 of 38
Glad we could be of help. Unfortunately, the XB700 isn't as punchy as the XB500, so I've heard, (or even the XD200, which I owned), so if you like the XB500, you should probably keep it (even though the frequency response suggests that they should sound the same; that's why you take those graphs with a grain of salt). With equalization, I'm not sure (as I've never heard the XB500). Despite being a basshead, I'm not a fan of the frequencies between 40 Hz and 90 Hz, so most of my experience with equalizing has been lowering those values. Listening to "Summoned Beast Battle" from Final Fantasy X on the XB700, the drums sound less punchy than I recall them being on the XD200 (or maybe I'm not trying hard enough with the EQ). Anyway, my headphones need a bit of a warm-up (I noticed that my Shure SRH440 and Sony MDR-XB700 both sound crappy after they've been cold for a considerable amount of time), so I'll report back if I get them to be a bit more punchy. But you might like subsonic bass and not know it
wink_face.gif
. "sekai turbine 2" by Susumu Hirasawa will let you know if you like subsonic bass.

Nov 1, 2010 at 8:56 AM Post #23 of 38
thanks for ALL THE HELP ON HERE YOU GUYS.

I am 10/10 SATISFIED WITH THE HEADPHONES.

They are exactly what i looking for and trying to achieve.

You dont have to keep commenting here for suggestions. SO THANK YOU VERY MUCH

if anyone has any car audio questions. FEEL FREE TO ASK ME. thats where i can be of service.

Nov 1, 2010 at 10:05 AM Post #25 of 38

Quote:
Ugh... A thread about bass headphones and nobody at least mentioned DT 770 Pro 80 Ohms before this guy made a purchase?
confused.gif

Am I the only one who things that the DT-770pro, 80 ohm is actually a strong spot in the Beyer line? I guess Im OK with that.

Yes they do have a bunch of bass. Im more drawn to the highs which I find a ton smoother and less fatiguing than the other beyers.

Nov 1, 2010 at 9:52 PM Post #27 of 38
Ultrasone HFI-580.  REAL nice bass!  Most I've ever heard and very clear.

Nov 1, 2010 at 10:05 PM Post #28 of 38
Jockhater2,

I know you already bought your headphones, but have you heard of Audio Technica M-50's? I am listening to some really awesome rock with loads of crisp, punchy bass. It is really a treat after Grado SR80's with too much treble for my taste. I do enjoy the sr80's, but I have to calm the treble down with an equalizer.

Nov 1, 2010 at 11:13 PM Post #29 of 38
Another person saved from Beats, our work is done here.

Nov 2, 2010 at 6:39 AM Post #30 of 38

Quote:

Am I the only one who things that the DT-770pro, 80 ohm is actually a strong spot in the Beyer line? I guess Im OK with that.

Yes they do have a bunch of bass. Im more drawn to the highs which I find a ton smoother and less fatiguing than the other beyers.

Umm, if you want strong, crazy bass, sure, but they are on the veiled side for me, and require amping. You can pretty much get the same performance with the XB700 and they don't even require amping, though they sound better if you do. The XB700 is less than half the price up to 1/3.

I'd like to try the XB500 in the future to see how mid-bass is so different from the lower bass of the XB700. I had a brief demo of them at BB, and I just couldn't grasp their sound in the store.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back