Recommendations for new headphones
Jun 27, 2012 at 8:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

melina

New Head-Fier
I'm in the process of replacing my Panasonic RP-HTX7, which are going kaput on me after having bought them in October. I bought a Koss UR20 a couple weeks ago to replace it, but I find the sound to be vastly inferior to the RP-HTX7, even after burning them in with lengthy listening sessions, so I'm returning them. I searched around online for better headphones within my budget (30 bucks or less), and after reading some reviews, I've decided on these models as potential picks:

1. Audio-Technica ATH-M30 (it's $45 on Amazon , a little outside my budget, but worth it if the quality is as good is as it's touted to be)
  1. Panasonic RP-HTF600-S 
  1. JVC HARX700

I'd like to receive some input on which of these headphones you guys think will give me the best bang for my buck, and if you have suggestions for better headphones than the ones I listed, feel free to include them as well.

Jun 28, 2012 at 3:06 PM Post #2 of 6
Jun 28, 2012 at 3:54 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:
I'm in the process of replacing my Panasonic RP-HTX7, which are going kaput on me after having bought them in October. 

What did you do to them to kill them so fast? They're durable as hell. I used mine for a year and then sold them to a friend who used them outdoors and in year-round for another year and a half before they finally died.

Jun 29, 2012 at 3:30 AM Post #5 of 6
Superlux 668B ? :)

Jun 29, 2012 at 9:19 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:
Do like I'm doing, go to monoprice.com and check out the 8323 headphones. They are like 20 bucks. Some Head-Fiers recommended them to me and I'm taking a shot. And hey, I might even mod them. But, for srsly, check them out and read some of the 150+ reviews people are saying about these headphones on their website.
Link:
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10823&cs_id=1082302&p_id=8323&seq=1&format=2
Hope this helps!!!

I'll check it out, thanks!
Quote:
What did you do to them to kill them so fast? They're durable as hell. I used mine for a year and then sold them to a friend who used them outdoors and in year-round for another year and a half before they finally died.

I didn't do anything with them other than use them extensively. I always took good care of them, so I'm just as baffled by their short lifespan.

To everyone else who has offered suggestions in this thread, thank you! I'll take them into consideration, and am open for more advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back