recommendations for my next headphone purchase?
Jun 20, 2010 at 4:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

buffalowings

Went way too far, too many times.
does anybody happen to know a pair of cans that have the sound quality of a pair of grados sr80i's, yet with more sounds isolation and less fatigue to the ears? also, they must be just as easily driven by a unamped portable music player. I love the grados sound, but comfort is a important factor and these cans do not qualify for comfort

thanks!

James

Jun 23, 2010 at 7:45 AM Post #2 of 7
Sorry, wrong thread. I have edited my post, but I will say that after reading a bit about the Audio Technica ATH-M50, they may be the cans you are looking for. I'm picking one up tomorrow and my Grado SR80i's are going up for sale.

Jun 23, 2010 at 10:06 AM Post #7 of 7
Beyer DT770 has a 32 Ohm version.   M50 are a solid choice (those of you that have heard other cans, how about chiming in with a recommendation instead of making fun of us for trying to help him?).  Anything from Best Buy/Apple store/etc will work.  Go to Guitar Center, they usually have headphone racks that you can try headphones.  They are unamped, so you can see what the offerings are.

Ultrasones are pretty solid.  DJdeals.com at  http://www.djdeals.com/specials.htm    has some specials that seem to be decent.  Alienware-branded hfi-700 for $130 with free shipping, or the hfi-550 or ecler 602 (both the same as Ultrasone DJ1, the only difference is the cord, label, etc.  Extraneous from what provides the sound.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back