Recommendations for multipupose headset?
Aug 22, 2010 at 7:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Snow_Fox

100+ Head-Fier
So I want a new set of headphones.

Budget roughly 100$ but, flexible.. pref keeping under 150$ as a hard limit.

I would idealistically love a huge sound stage. I am a big fan of immersion.. be it in games or in music.. Feeling like I am "there" is always more fun for me.

I also like a pretty good level of detail and clarity.. I do enjoy being able to listen to distinguished sounds within a song..

I do not mind headphones which sound "natural" if you will. I listen to a big variety of music.. but, I can say up front that I will be listening to a lot of disturbed and I know that disturbed and other bands (probably even more so the more you get into the metal genre) tune up and tune down their guitars and instruments so I want a set of headphones that are going to reflect this tuning..  Nvidia the graphics card manufacturer has a slogan "the way its meant to be played" in reference to video games.. I am not particularly fond of nvidia on any personal level.. but, I think thats sorta how I feel about my music.. I was a great set that is going to sound the way the artist wanted the song to sound when they recorded/played.

If a song is bass heavy I want it to sound bass heavy without having extra "added in" by the head phones.. on the flip side I don't want to compromise the song by having a "bass weak" set of headphones that can't keep up with it.

I am still by all intents and purposes an audio newb.. so If I horribly butchered or misused any terms please let me know.

Aug 22, 2010 at 8:00 PM Post #2 of 2
I'm also curious in this type of natural sounding headphone. To the more experienced: how does the SRH840 fit this category? I've gathered that it's pretty good. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back