Recommendations for cheap, full-size, good isolating head phones on a giant head
Jul 4, 2012 at 9:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

lazybummm

New Head-Fier
Hi All, I have a giant head and I'm looking for an inexpensive over the ear headphones. I am looking for something under $40 for listening to lectures and music perhaps in noisier settings(trains/public transport). I don't want to get in the ear ones because every one I have tried hurt after 30 or 40 minutes.

I have looked at Sennheiser HD 201, although common complaints indicate not enough isolation. I'm also considering the budget monoprice 8323 or even Sennheiser HD 202.

I listen to mostly indie rock/folk type of music so bass is not important. Any other suggestions appreciated. And yeah my head is giant. :)

Thanks in advance!

Budget: max $40
Usage: 50% streaming lectures/podcasts and 50% music
Music format: mp3/stream
Source: laptop - Toshiba R705
Music type: Indie Rock, Folks, non bass intensive
Other: Big head. Looking for over the ear.

Jul 12, 2012 at 11:48 PM Post #3 of 3
I would say stretch your budget up the the Sony MDR V6. Only drag is the coiled cable but the headphones themselves are very impressive and comfortable. I find them to be good all rounders.

Another cheaper alternative that isolates is the Panasonic RP-HTX7.

You guys should take a look at Joker's portable shoot out. There's a link at the top of the Headphones (full size) page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back