Recommendations for a 7 year old
Sep 13, 2010 at 7:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

taize

Head-Fier
My 7 year old will be getting an MP3 player for Christmas. I dont want her to damage her ears by playing it too loud. I will be educating her in keeping the volume down.

What phones would be good for a 7 year old. I was thinking of the UE Loud Enough but after reading a review I'm not so sure.

Sep 13, 2010 at 8:52 AM Post #3 of 25
don't they make mp3 players for children that have parental volume controls on them?
As for headphones, try the dollar store lol.

Also, this thread has gotta be a troll attempt lol. A thread for recommendations for a 7 year old lol.

Sep 13, 2010 at 8:59 AM Post #4 of 25
My 8 year old have the iPod touch ans I am looking to buy a good set of phones to replace it with the one that came with it. This is a  relevant thread for some of us.

Sep 13, 2010 at 9:32 AM Post #6 of 25
Sep 13, 2010 at 1:27 PM Post #7 of 25

Quote:
My 7 year old will be getting an MP3 player for Christmas. I dont want her to damage her ears by playing it too loud. I will be educating her in keeping the volume down.

What phones would be good for a 7 year old. I was thinking of the UE Loud Enough but after reading a review I'm not so sure.

The volume/hearing damage issue is way more important for a 7 year old than whether a given earphone suits the tastes of manchild audio nerds.

Sep 13, 2010 at 6:37 PM Post #11 of 25

Quote:
The volume/hearing damage issue is way more important for a 7 year old than whether a given earphone suits the tastes of manchild audio nerds.

Protecting a kids hearing has two components: 1) education - which is something I do even now and 2) technology protection for those time they forget (remember this is a 7 yr old). Given that the education and monitoring is happening I'm looking at technology to help as well. Unfortunately she's getting a sansa clip which I dont think has volume control (I'd actually no thought of source volume control) so I'm left with trying to limit the volume via phones.

The westone Kidzsafe phone look good. I'll look into them

Sep 13, 2010 at 7:47 PM Post #15 of 25
I purchased the Loud Enough IEMs for my kids earlier this year and am very pleased with the results.  Having volume control on an iPod and in the IEM just reinforces the safety factor.  While not audiophile quality, they are still working fine and in great physical condition.  The fact they are not earbuds is also nice in that by sealing outside noises, my kids don't have to play the music louder in loud environments (or outdoors).  The counter to that though is that you have to be careful that your 7-year-old doesn't become oblivious to the world (e.g., traffic).

Not a bad option for the price and peace of mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back