Recommendation on LCD2c, LCDX, hifiman ananda or arya.
Feb 26, 2019 at 9:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Timiark

New Head-Fier
It is my first post, so if there is any wrong, please let me know.
I have been wondering amount these headphones and I have already heard Ananda.
Personally I would say Ananda is transparent, balanced and etc. which differs not too much from my K812.
I do understand that listening to headphones could be very subjective, but at least for me, Ananda is a little bit better than my K812 while it is not reasonable for me to purchase it.
I only heard some words about arya, not knowing what exactly it sounds like.
The reason why I am considering LCD2c is because I have been told it sounds very "Audeze", yet I do not have chances to give it a try.
LCDX seems to be more balanced. Also, it is a little bit of expensive. I do not know if it worth it.
I am so confused, and I just want something to complement my K812.

I personally is trying a DA&T Q-i, not sure if it is suitable for a 550$ dac+amp combo.
I do not have too much space for a massive amp or dac and this is why I am considering some small sized AIO as well as headphones like ananda or LCDX which is advertised to be 'relatively' easy to drive.

Pricing is surely a issue, but if it worth it, and differs enough from K812, then pricing should be considered less, I think. (Durability should be better than my K812 which is made in Austria and it has failed twice, yet I managed to fix it... I would not buy AKG's anymore!!!)

I am not that a 'experienced' audio addict, if there is any silly statement above, please let me know :)

Jun 12, 2020 at 10:03 PM Post #3 of 7
The last 2 weeks I had both the Ananda and LCD2C here to try side by side. I sent the LCD2C back and I'm keeping the Ananda.

The Ananda's are a bit easier to drive but not by a huge amount. But I have fairly powerful amps on hand, so I didn't pay that much attention to this consideration. Hifiman does specialty state that they designed these to give decent performance from portable sources. So there's that. But I almost always use amps, just because I love my amps. Plus I have the irrational need to know that I'm getting the best out of my headphones, whether or not I can actually hear the difference. [embarrased grin]

Anyway feel free to ask any questions you like and I'll do my best to help you out.

Jun 12, 2020 at 11:12 PM Post #4 of 7
The LCD2C is incredibly dark, I think that might be a jarring change from the K812. The full-fat LCD-2 is better all around, though still tilted towards the warm/dark tonality, whereas the LCD-X will have more treble and upper mids energy.

Jun 13, 2020 at 4:42 PM Post #5 of 7
I agree the LCD-2C is dark but I don't find it incredibly dark. I also have a 3F so I would say I agree that the 2C does have the Audeze house sound which I like very much, since I'm a fan of the old-school Sennheiser house sound. Probably the biggest hump to get over with the full sized Audezes is whether they're comfortable for you or not. I like them and find them very comfortable and homey. A lot of people have problems with them. It's very personal.

What kind of music do you listen to?

Jun 13, 2020 at 6:28 PM Post #6 of 7
I agree the LCD-2C is dark but I don't find it incredibly dark. I also have a 3F so I would say I agree that the 2C does have the Audeze house sound which I like very much, since I'm a fan of the old-school Sennheiser house sound. Probably the biggest hump to get over with the full sized Audezes is whether they're comfortable for you or not. I like them and find them very comfortable and homey. A lot of people have problems with them. It's very personal.

What kind of music do you listen to?
Totally agree on Audeze being very comfortable and I would agree with homey as well. For me the weight is not a problem as I don’t tend to listen for hours on end but I do think that “Hans and Franz” would call them “Girlie Men” if they couldn’t handle the weight ; ) Just poking fun.

Sep 8, 2020 at 1:38 AM Post #7 of 7
The last 2 weeks I had both the Ananda and LCD2C here to try side by side. I sent the LCD2C back and I'm keeping the Ananda.

The Ananda's are a bit easier to drive but not by a huge amount. But I have fairly powerful amps on hand, so I didn't pay that much attention to this consideration. Hifiman does specialty state that they designed these to give decent performance from portable sources. So there's that. But I almost always use amps, just because I love my amps. Plus I have the irrational need to know that I'm getting the best out of my headphones, whether or not I can actually hear the difference. [embarrased grin]

Anyway feel free to ask any questions you like and I'll do my best to help you out.

Is there a big difference when driving hifiman ananda from dac/amp rather than directly from a mobile phone or pc?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back