Recommend me this headphone PLEASE (specific details inside) (THANKS INADVANCE)
Jun 30, 2010 at 1:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Jabse

100+ Head-Fier
Hey i have the beyerdynamic dt770-80 at the moment had them for about 1.5years, it's fine, i love the bass although i want a more expensive, higher quality headphone now, price range around $300 USD max

I assume dt770-80 is popular enough(i hope) so ill do a comparison so you know exactly what im talking about.. and i obviously want an over ear headphone

Compared to the 770

I want around the same comfort
I want a bigger soundstage, more realistic/3d interesting sound(consider mids/highs and independent lows/bass)
I want similar bass although more a defined, punchy bass that can go as deep or deeper
I want the clamp force to be same or less
I want noise isolation to be similar, not too much less, dont get me wrong i wouldn't mind more..

THANKS!!

Jun 30, 2010 at 2:05 PM Post #4 of 11
Cool it!
tongue.gif
It has only been a couple minutes. Reccomend me a headphone threads aren't always the most interesting either.

Jun 30, 2010 at 2:06 PM Post #5 of 11
Heh, heh... expecting instant gratification on public fora will leave you disappointed.
wink_face.gif

Many, I'm sure have jobs where their performance is linked to doing things other than hanging out here. Remember, it's mid-day throughout most of the US, and it's USers who make up a good part of the participants here.
biggrin.gif

Jun 30, 2010 at 2:10 PM Post #7 of 11
Jun 30, 2010 at 3:57 PM Post #8 of 11
Beyer DT150 might be just the ticket.

They do clamp a bit more, so won't be quite as comfortable, but if you stretch the headband they are not uncomfortable either.  They isolate quite well, have around the same bass response as other Beyers, are more balanced and detailed, and are relatively easy to drive.  You already know you like the Beyer sound in general...

The Beyer DT770/600 premium might also be a welcome addition.  I just upgraded my 990 Pro to the 990/600, and the difference was significant.  It's a similar sound signature, but far more refined, natural and complete.

Jun 30, 2010 at 11:06 PM Post #11 of 11
^ those are wonderful cans, superior to the DT770-80 in every way, except they have very little soundstage which the op wants.  And their bass is moderate in comparison.  D5000 have good soundstage, much more defined, integrated, and still ample bass (not as defined as D7000, but those are outside of your price range).   But the Denons do not block sound nearly as well.  Overall both those cans have a much more balanced signature and are more realistic than the DT770-80 while still being fun. So you can surely improve over the Beyers but you might have to accept some trade-offs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back