Recommend good quality 4.4mm/2.5mm dual mono balanced cable?
Sep 17, 2019 at 6:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

PavelCoelho

New Head-Fier
Hello everybody!

I'm new here and I don't understand a lot about cables, but I do know that my headphones have 2.5mm inputs on both cups and I suppose I need TRRS 4.4mm (or 2.5mm + 4.4mm to 2.5mm adapter) to dual 2.5mm TS (mono) balanced cable? I though this is some kind of a standard cable, but I couldn't find such in Amazon at least. Do I also use the terminology correctly? I would really appreciate some links to such cables, hopefully no more than 30-40$ :)

Sep 17, 2019 at 6:40 PM Post #2 of 6
Hello everybody!

I'm new here and I don't understand a lot about cables, but I do know that my headphones have 2.5mm inputs on both cups and I suppose I need TRRS 4.4mm (or 2.5mm + 4.4mm to 2.5mm adapter) to dual 2.5mm TS (mono) balanced cable? I though this is some kind of a standard cable, but I couldn't find such in Amazon at least. Do I also use the terminology correctly? I would really appreciate some links to such cables, hopefully no more than 30-40$ :)
I have found several on Amazon US bit don’t know about Bulgaria. Don’t worry about the 2.5mm being mono (TS) as all that is needed is the ring and sleeve to be connected together and I would hope the cable maker knows that. I just did a search for HiFiMan balanced cables 4.4mm and a couple showed up with others. They all were more than your budget though.

Sep 17, 2019 at 6:55 PM Post #3 of 6
I really don't understand anything. Do you mean that I should not care about what kind of 2.5mm plug it is and how many black rings it has? I don't mind spending a bit more on a cable, at least I have to understand what I'm looking for.

Sep 17, 2019 at 7:28 PM Post #4 of 6
I really don't understand anything. Do you mean that I should not care about what kind of 2.5mm plug it is and how many black rings it has? I don't mind spending a bit more on a cable, at least I have to understand what I'm looking for.
What headphone is it that you want a cable for?

Sep 17, 2019 at 8:08 PM Post #6 of 6
Vokyl Erupt, but with balanced wiring.
I heard the prototypes briefly not bad I know the folks that made them and will be seeing very soon in Chicago. Like I said TRS or TS will most likely be wired up to work as I don’t know any headphones that need TRS at the cup as you only need a positive and a negative and just think that the TRS is just cheaper for what ever reason. If it doesn’t work then send it back as they don’t know what they are doing evidently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back