Recommend a transport "only"
Dec 14, 2009 at 6:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

omigawsh_lollercoaster

100+ Head-Fier
No 'one box' need apply, transport 'only', any price. What's good, better, best.

happy_face1.gif

Dec 19, 2009 at 12:53 PM Post #6 of 21
For under 1G take a close look at the new Oppo BD-83SE.
If you can swing it step up to the BD-83SE Nuforce Edition.

The dedicated stereo output uses its own 8-channel Sabre32 Ultra (ES9016) DAC chip by stacking 4 DACs for each of the Left and Right channels to achieve great audio performance.

The MCH side of the audio board is very good also, but not as good as the 2CH.

Plays CD/SACD/DVD-A along with your MP3s and the list goes on. Plus DVD and BD. A great source for your high end 2ch headphones and amp. Also the 2ch stereo downmix for HD audio is fantastic.
atsmile.gif

ss

Dec 19, 2009 at 7:24 PM Post #7 of 21
Try one of the first generation Rega Planets. They sound pretty good on their own, but I keep mine around as a transport. It's in a cast aluminum case and is gorgeous.

Best of all, you can find them for $250-$300.

Dec 20, 2009 at 4:05 AM Post #10 of 21
Empirical Audio Sony 7700 Transport turbo mod

I've head steves dac and cdp player mods and you could not go wrong with this.

don't know the seller but

I'm using an onix cd-3 as a transport way over built cdp makes a great transport. they dont hang around long when they show up used.

I don't like the cheap cdp / dvd' players as transports they do not to my ear live up to the hype.

Ed

Dec 20, 2009 at 6:16 AM Post #11 of 21
I really like the Stable Platter system, 1st found on the "Elite" transport/players from Pioneer.....Built like a tank and can be found relatively cheap....I Don't listen to many CDs but for the last 15yrs I've just upgraded Dacs.

Dec 22, 2009 at 4:42 PM Post #14 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by aircondition /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can highly recommend cics' CMP2 transport project - this is supposed to be better than the best optical-disc based transport. You have to hear it to believe it! I for myself haven't had the opportunity to try WADIA or Audiomeca or whatever, but my CMP2 setup sounds so musical and non-digital it is pure joy.
cMP² | Main / HomePage
Computer Audio Asylum

Not sure what this is all about, i have done original CD/WAV files through a mediaplayer and then to the DAC i have, the CD still sounded a tad better (propably becausse i could upsample the CD and not the WAV file).
What are you adding?
I read on about the techincal stuff on this website (while falling almost asleep) but how is it different from playing WAV files from a HDD to a DAC to a stereo amp and eventually through the speakers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back