Recabling Denon AH-D1001 (&D1000)
Aug 22, 2008 at 10:31 PM Post #16 of 84
Took your advice and feel much better about it now.
beerchug.gif

Quick pic of the final result:
img0872ud5.jpg

Aug 25, 2008 at 2:12 AM Post #18 of 84
The biggest problem with the stock d1001s was the bass spilling over and muddying up the mids IMO, so naturally the first thing I noticed was the improvement in the mids and bass. The mids seem louder, much clearer and better separated from the bass. Although improved, I would still like the bass to be a little tighter. I'll reference your markl mod thread when it comes time to address this.

Improved clarity and separation throughout frequency range. A bit more sparkle in the highs. They just sound better
tongue.gif

Sep 1, 2008 at 6:06 AM Post #19 of 84
so techflex will increase rf interference? I don't see how my 1/8" techflex would fit into the grommets. I've been wanting to redo my recable because i don't like the look without techflex but if it ruins the sound i don't wanna do it. Is it very noticeable?

Sep 1, 2008 at 10:17 PM Post #20 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ub3rMario /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so techflex will increase rf interference? I don't see how my 1/8" techflex would fit into the grommets. I've been wanting to redo my recable because i don't like the look without techflex but if it ruins the sound i don't wanna do it. Is it very noticeable?

Who said anything about Techflex and RF interference? Are you confusing RF with microphonics, which is movement of the cable being physically transmitted to the earpieces?

Sep 2, 2008 at 2:56 AM Post #21 of 84
Woops! haha yeah i meant microphonics.

Oct 18, 2008 at 12:13 AM Post #22 of 84
L3000.gif

Bump to this thread...

I have just recabled my Denon D1001S with 9ft of Mogami 2893 and here is my current review. Stock cable had rather harsh highs like I mean killer treble in some songs. The midrange area was also lacking alittle bit.

The new mogami cable just brought the entire midrange to level and toned down the harsh highs. I really like it now, this cable mod made a very noticable difference. The bass seems to be slightly deeper but not that noticable change for me.

My last set of headphones were the Sennheiser HD 590 & HD 595. These senn canns just suck in the bass area, they dont even exist. This is my first pair of Denon headphones. I can say that all this time, I have been Riped Off by Sennheiser because the Denon just blows it alway for alot cheaper price too.

BTW this entire setup is powered by a Gilmore Lite headphone amp, good amp.

Hint: Do not buy those Canare end stereo plugs, the solder just does not stick to those metal tabs. I went to rat shack and got a rat shack gold plated stereo plug and things just went so perfect. BEWARE of Canare plugs...cheap ****.
atsmile.gif

Oct 18, 2008 at 9:32 PM Post #23 of 84
Hi all. This is my first post.

I have d1001 for almost two weeks now and I ordered today a senn hd650 cable to recable them. I hope that the sound quality will be improved with the recabling.
dt880smile.png

But my question is how I will do the recabling since I never do it anything similar before. I have afraid to damage the cans during the recabling process.

Can you give me some hint on this?

Oct 19, 2008 at 2:38 AM Post #24 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by zyThuM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi all. This is my first post.

I have d1001 for almost two weeks now and I ordered today a senn hd650 cable to recable them. I hope that the sound quality will be improved with the recabling.
dt880smile.png

But my question is how I will do the recabling since I never do it anything similar before. I have afraid to damage the cans during the recabling process.

Can you give me some hint on this?

This will be a very hard project without some knowledge of solder skill and wiring. Here is how the end stereo plug for 3.5mm or 1/4" solder joints work.

Small metal tab = Tip = (L) Positive
Middle metal tab = Ring = (R) Positive
last big metal tab = Sleeve = Ground (-)

kinda crappy explanation but hope it helps.
L3000.gif

Oct 30, 2008 at 8:16 AM Post #26 of 84
Canare works. Also read the thread before posting that kind of question.

Oct 30, 2008 at 1:38 PM Post #28 of 84
As I said before I ordered the hd-650 cable.
Last weekend I made the recabling in my D1001 and I am surprised with the changes in SQ of this cans. The sound now is clearer and the bass is more controlled then before recabling.

Now my problem is to found a good 3.5'' plug to replace the 6.4'' plug that comes with hd-650 cable. Do you have some suggestion?

Oct 30, 2008 at 2:55 PM Post #29 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by zyThuM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As I said before I ordered the hd-650 cable.
Last weekend I made the recabling in my D1001 and I am surprised with the changes in SQ of this cans. The sound now is clearer and the bass is more controlled then before recabling.

Now my problem is to found a good 3.5'' plug to replace the 6.4'' plug that comes with hd-650 cable. Do you have some suggestion?

did you do the markl type mod on your D1001 also?

try neutriks plugs.

Oct 30, 2008 at 8:12 PM Post #30 of 84
No, Markl mod it will be done next time, for now I don't want to overload my D1001
dt880smile.png

Thanks for your suggestion these were the plugs that I had in mind. I saw in the forum some users talking about them but I couldn't found the 3.5 plugs but finally I found them on sale and already order
smily_headphones1.gif

I don't know if the 6.4 > 3.5 adapter that I'm using now is stealing sound quality to my headphones, but I will found that sooner.
biggrin.gif

I hope that next week I will have my D1001 completed recable
o2smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back