Really need a silent keyboard
Jan 15, 2008 at 4:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 48

Computerpro3

1000+ Head-Fier
My roommate doesn't like the noise from my G15 so I need something I can use at night.

I need a keyboard that is wireless (so I can use the g15 during the day), good to type on, and silent. I know everyone is going to say that silent keyboards suck to type on, and I realize that, but I need something at least halfway decent.

He also doesn't like the light from my 30in monitor or the noise from my near-silent computer.....but that's another story.

Any suggestions?

Jan 15, 2008 at 4:26 AM Post #2 of 48
tell your roommate to quit complaining
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 15, 2008 at 4:33 AM Post #3 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZepFloyd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
tell your roommate to quit complaining
smily_headphones1.gif

I would but he would get the ACLU after me for harrassment. He's one of those types of people. Spending $30 to get him to stop complaining is worth it.

He actually wanted me to sell my monitor. I flatly told him no.

Jan 15, 2008 at 4:38 AM Post #5 of 48
Depends on the situation. Are you staying up on your computer past 1am when he has an 8am the next day, for example? In that case you're the one at fault and you guys need to come to an agreement. Otherwise, he's being ridiculous, and a monitor shouldn't keep anyone awake anyway.

Jan 15, 2008 at 4:47 AM Post #6 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by MD1032 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Depends on the situation. Are you staying up on your computer past 1am when he has an 8am the next day, for example? In that case you're the one at fault and you guys need to come to an agreement. Otherwise, he's being ridiculous, and a monitor shouldn't keep anyone awake anyway.

Actually I'm the one with the 8am class everyday. His earliest class is 11. Nonetheless he wants lights out at 12:00, which I'm fine with - but he doesn't want me staying up past that using my computer or reading or anything.

He has no problems blasting his movies when I'm trying to get work done though, and he's had friends stay over without warning me until an hour before hand that his friend is coming and has no other place to stay.

It's not even worth fighting about because he is the type of person that will just make living with him highly depressing. Every other word out of his mouth is about how America sucks and he's running away to Italy one of these days.

I wish he'd get on with it already...

Jan 15, 2008 at 4:48 AM Post #7 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Computerpro3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would but he would get the ACLU after me for harrassment. He's one of those types of people. Spending $30 to get him to stop complaining is worth it.

He actually wanted me to sell my monitor. I flatly told him no.

wow, your roommate is ridiculous.

Jan 15, 2008 at 4:51 AM Post #8 of 48
You need the apple aluminum keyboard, It's absolutely silent, you could get a used wired one for 30 dollars and a wireless one for near 50. It's a heck of a keyboard you won't regret it.

Jan 15, 2008 at 8:35 AM Post #11 of 48
I am the same as your room mate. I am VERY picky when I sleep. Even the slightest noise can really annoy me and prevent me from sleeping. Trying to sleep with even the small fan noise of a computer would be very frustrating for me.

Jan 15, 2008 at 2:57 PM Post #13 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am the same as your room mate. I am VERY picky when I sleep. Even the slightest noise can really annoy me and prevent me from sleeping. Trying to sleep with even the small fan noise of a computer would be very frustrating for me.

You are going to have a real tough time at college, I'll tell you that much. Better invest in some earplugs before you go.
tongue.gif

Jan 15, 2008 at 3:37 PM Post #14 of 48
2nd the Apple board idea.

I can't sleep at the best of times. Any noise, light or other stimulation and I won't sleep, or if I'm already asleep it makes me fully awake instantly. Many nights I don't sleep at all, just lay with my eyes shut.

I use ear plugs and my bedroom is sealed up like a darkroom (for developing old school photos, pre-digital, back in the 80s, before you were born
tongue.gif
)

So I understand what it's like to be kept awake, it's led to trouble more than once.

Saying that, your room mate sounds like a wanker, you should hit him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back