Real Hip Hop recommendations!
Jan 20, 2012 at 7:53 PM Post #557 of 637
Really like Army of The Pharoahs.

Speaking of them Jedi Mind Tricks is performing nearby soon. Anyone know what their crowds are like?

Feb 2, 2012 at 7:02 PM Post #560 of 637
Apathy
Brother Ali 
Atmosphere
Masta Ace 
Mos Def 

are some of my favorites.

Jul 2, 2012 at 3:54 PM Post #561 of 637
These are just some of my favorite artists/collectives:
(There may be overlap in some cases)

Collectives:
Jedi Mind Tricks
Demigodz
Snowgoons
Army of the Pharaohs
Stupeflip (French)
Wu Tang Clan 

Rappers: 
Esoteric
B Dolan
Immortal Technique
Vinnie Paz
Reef the Lost Cauze
Apathy 
Celph Titled
Hopsin 
PSL (Persoonlijk)
Canibus
Prolyphic

Most of these belong to the current underground hiphopscene. I am not going to deny that there are many great other collectives/rappers out there, but rap these days seems shallow to me.  The artists listed above don't rap about the amount of women they disrespected last night, about the amount of 'stacks' they own nor about fast cars and such. This is rap as it was meant to be. This is real rap. 

Also, I fail to find good underground French hiphop. Does anyone have any ideas/reccommendations?

Feb 2, 2013 at 8:46 PM Post #562 of 637
Cool calm pete 
Aesop Rock
Asheru & Blue Black
Beatnuts
Black moon
Black star
Cannibal Ox
common
CunninLynguists
Das EFX
Deltron 3030
DJ Shadow
Dr. Octagon
Funkdoobiest
Gang Starr
Greenhouse (Blueprint & Illogic)
I.N.I
Jurassic 5
Illogic
Jeru The Damaja
Kool G Rap
A Tribe Called Quest
Madlib
Masta Ace
MF Doom
Miilkbone 
Mobb Deep
Mountain Brothers
Organized Konfusion
People Under The Stairs
Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth
Deda
The Pharcyde
R.A. The Rugged Man
Wu tang 
just off the top of my head so lots more 

Feb 7, 2013 at 6:02 PM Post #565 of 637
Quote:
Man I want a copy so bad. hard to find since it was never properly released 

the closest you can find without breaking the bank or stumbling upon a huge cache of hip hop collectors vinyls is buying pete rocks lost & found cd or vinyl

disc 1 is a reprint of the ini album but its missing some tracks, mostly the instrumental interludes the og had

this isn't related, but felt like posting it anyway

Mar 16, 2013 at 4:57 AM Post #567 of 637
@Noisesupressor

Quote:

Also, I fail to find good underground French hiphop. Does anyone have any ideas/reccommendations?

Based on the artists you listed like "Jedi Mind Tricks, Demigodz, Snowgoons and Army of the Pharaohs" and asking for French hip hop. There is a good chance you'll like Grim Reaperz. Some of the tracks are in French and Grim Reaperz are French producers that have production very similar to what JMT and Snowgoons beats sound like now.

http://grimreaperz.bandcamp.com/

Apr 9, 2013 at 2:30 PM Post #568 of 637
I understand that few people on these forums tend to like/accept modern mainstream, but I personally find J. Cole to be really good; even though he does make very mainstream beat-dependent songs, there are several songs which stand out for me from his album; Lost Ones and Never Told for lyrical depth, but also I feel I have to point out that he produces most of his music as well. He has also confirmed that he's making a collaboration album with Kendrick Lamar.

Apr 9, 2013 at 2:45 PM Post #569 of 637
These are just some of my favorite artists/collectives:
(There may be overlap in some cases)

Collectives:
Jedi Mind Tricks
Demigodz
Snowgoons
Army of the Pharaohs
Stupeflip (French)
Wu Tang Clan 

Rappers: 
Esoteric
B Dolan
Immortal Technique
Vinnie Paz
Reef the Lost Cauze
Apathy
Celph Titled

Hopsin 
PSL (Persoonlijk)
Canibus
Prolyphic

Most of these belong to the current underground hiphopscene. I am not going to deny that there are many great other collectives/rappers out there, but rap these days seems shallow to me.  The artists listed above don't rap about the amount of women they disrespected last night, about the amount of 'stacks' they own nor about fast cars and such. This is rap as it was meant to be. This is real rap. 

Wat?
http://www.youtube.com/#/watch?v=uHCNC7hUxNI&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DuHCNC7hUxNI
I'm a fan of many of the same but don't call it what its not

Users who are viewing this thread

Back