Real Hip Hop recommendations!
Nov 24, 2011 at 10:42 AM Post #526 of 637
alright i have enough friends saying take care is the greatest album of this year and its really really really starting to piss me off

also i listened to hail mary mallon's are you gonna eat that album its alright but not one of aesop rocks better albums

i have to check out

blue scholars
das racist
peope under the stairs
danny brown
the roots

before i dl their stuff first tell me if they are good and what is their lastest albums or mixtapes

Nov 24, 2011 at 3:25 PM Post #528 of 637
I know that thePhantom* makes some really great music, and best of all, you can get most of it in FLAC! and the rest 320kbps which is still good

music.phantastic.me
soundcloud.com/thephantom816

If you don't like the dance and house groove type music then listen to the stuff on music.phantastic.me on the right sidebar, Bohemian Seductive album and below are his old image. His last album took on a whole new image with combining dance and house grooves with hip hop.

Either way, it's good music! Destroy and Rebuild is my album of preference from him. He is from my home and current town of Kansas City, MO, USA

Also, Tech N9ne is also from here and he is not a real musician type hip hop but he has amazing energy and sometimes emotion behind his songs. He co-founded his label, Strange Music, which has many other great artists that follow a similar image (save Jay Rock, Young Bleed and Stevie Stone I think too haven't heard him though). Also stuff I like.

Nov 26, 2011 at 9:58 AM Post #530 of 637
Just wait for Nujabes New album Spiritual state dropping in December. 
As for new recommendations:
Madvillainy
new cunninlynguists album
the upcoming black star album
Blackroc
Verde Terrace
might be a little poppy but "Never Say Never" by outasight

Nov 26, 2011 at 10:10 AM Post #531 of 637

Quote:
Just wait for Nujabes New album Spiritual state dropping in December. 
As for new recommendations:
Madvillainy
new cunninlynguists album
the upcoming black star album
Blackroc
Verde Terrace
might be a little poppy but "Never Say Never" by outasight

woah chill there when did black star, nujabes, ( R.I.P), madvillainy announce they were gonna make an album. i know black star announced an upcoming mixtape but not an album and who is recreating nujabes album

Dec 15, 2011 at 6:02 PM Post #534 of 637
I really f-ing enjoy tokimonsta. Instrumental hip-hop

Dec 16, 2011 at 3:52 PM Post #535 of 637

Try this. A youngster Finnish-Nigerian guy, nice flow on this song. He's debut album 'No Matter Of The Season' just got outta oven.

And here's a Finnish rap song I'm proud of. There are 80 different Finnish rap artists lip-synced together. The song is smooth and it doesn't matter if you don't understand anything. 

Dec 21, 2011 at 3:00 AM Post #538 of 637
One of the most creative things I've seen done in any genre of music ...

Dec 22, 2011 at 12:55 AM Post #540 of 637
Common new album The Dreamer, The Believer is amazing. Listen here then go buy the album http://blackmusictube.com/common-the-dreamer-the-believer-album-leak-listen-and-download/

My personal favorites are The Dreamer, Blue Sky, Gold, Cloth and The Believer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back