RE0 vs. HJE900
Oct 27, 2010 at 7:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Groznyjgrad

New Head-Fier
So, I've got about $80 and I want some decent IEM's. I either going with the RE0 or the HJE900, can you tell me which is better? I listen to Alt, Indie, Metal, Classical, Punk, etc.

Oct 27, 2010 at 7:55 PM Post #2 of 12
Not better or worse. Different. RE0 has smoother and better treble by most accounts. HJE900 will give you a lot more bass. RE0 will have more forward mids compared to the HJE900. HJE900 will sound more agressive and punchy. I have only heard the HJE900, so I will refrain from saying any more for fear of steering you wrongly.

Nov 4, 2010 at 6:59 PM Post #5 of 12
I'd take the HJE900 over the RE-Zero for classical any day. They have a much better timbre and more realistic bass.

Nov 5, 2010 at 11:40 AM Post #6 of 12
yes... When I listen to solo cello .flac . It sounds AMAZING, natural , real, alive, hearing all the little nuances ... like you are right with the cellist with no lack of anything....... being new to this headphone thing I can't even believe there are iem phones that can even sound better than these... 

Nov 5, 2010 at 12:31 PM Post #8 of 12
I had the RE0 for nearly a year and sold it 3 months ago.  I have the HJE900 now.  The RE0 is amazingly smooth and detailed with 0 harshness, but fairly thin sounding in terms of warmth, bass fullness and impact.  I'm convinced (jokingly) that it is really a BA driver, not a dynamic, because it just sounds that way.  I had to EQ up a good amount of bass and low-mids to give it some low-end body, and at 60ohms it is right on the edge of being under-driven with a typical DAP -- so a portable amp is almost required to give it some fullness.

The HJE900 is a very dynamic earphone, and until the 40-80 hour mark, it overly so in the highs -- they more than sparkle, they sizzle for a while.  Mine are starting to tame down, and you can carefully remove the earwax mesh guard and insert a small bit of foam to absorbs some of the highs, if you want.  The bass on the HJE900 is very full, robust, detailed and impactful.  The mids are slightly recessed, so it sounds a bit darker than the RE0, but it is not unnatural sounding.  It has a very rich and realistic timbre to it, so that acoustic instruments sound right on it.

Hope this helps.

Nov 5, 2010 at 3:50 PM Post #10 of 12

Quote:
when i first purchased them i was a lil freaked out , the highs thin weirdness kinda, You have to burn them IN , i have like 500 hrs at leats , MINT now

I assume you are meaning the RE0, since you say "thin."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back