RE0 and why I can not recommend them to anyone
Jun 9, 2011 at 6:55 PM Post #94 of 110
@keanex,
You were offered a replacement, and that's that! You are going to get an ulcer if you think that you are going to fight all of you battles in that manner.
Head-Direct has gone out of it's way to help it's customers even at the price of losing money.

Life is too short and sweet to rant and rave over such a small thing. Try dealing with Sony who totally screwed me on a $5000 purchase. Learn to chose your battles and let the little ones go.

Jun 9, 2011 at 11:53 PM Post #96 of 110
When the replacement has the same problem, I don't call it a replacement. Also, I think it is important people see how many build quality issues the RE0s have -- the praise for them on the forums is rather overwhelming...

Jun 10, 2011 at 2:32 AM Post #97 of 110
As it turned, everything ends up with nothing.
Head Direct has a great product, and some one is bad, but there is a will to replace it under warranty.
Look at the Sony Playstation 3 (euro 600) and a lack of overt production, not one has ever replaced, even under warranty, doing Wait for a replacement with a refurbished three months, and transportation to the customer.
Maybe it was better not to open this very discussion.

Jun 10, 2011 at 2:52 AM Post #98 of 110
@Tefloon
from what I've read people mainly praise the sound quality anyway, which no one is denying here.

I may or may not get a pair after auditioning them. beware though, they make the fiio e11 sound really messy....:confused_face:

Jun 10, 2011 at 3:25 AM Post #99 of 110
There is nothing wrong with Hifi-Man products.  Their customer service is impeccable.  You should, in fact, buy only their products and no one else's.

wink.gif

Jun 10, 2011 at 12:46 PM Post #100 of 110
     Quote:
I have both.  I've had the CK10 since October and received the RE0's just this week and have spent a lot of time with them.

First of all, the sound signature is very similar.   They're nearly as clear and articulate as the CK10, which is impressive for a dynamic driver.  They're pretty neutral overall, which is where I think the comparison between the two comes from.

Despite what people say about the bass, they're actually not that bad.  Its almost as much as the CK10 when unamped, though they don't have as much lower extension.  I'm using them with a Fiio E5, they do need some amping to get the most out of them.  Without the amp I can see why people say they lack bass, but they say the same about the CK10.  Both are relatively high impedance for an IEM.

Build quality, however, is a bit suspect.  They just don't feel anywhere near as rugged as the CK10.  Whereas the CK10 are almost entirely sealed with no apparent way to disassemble them, the RE0 has a couple obvious potential points of failure.  I think it has to do with insertion and removal and the way they are designed.  I think the tips provide enough friction to hold in the ear canal to put stress on the casing when you pull them out of your ears.  Where they've been failing for people is exactly where I'd expect them to fail, especially if they're just glued together.

Would I use the RE0's over my CK10's long term?  Probably not.  The sound is great but the build quality has me babying them already.  But they definitely make a great pair of backup headphones or something to just keep in the office.  

They sound a lot more expensive than they are, but feel much cheaper than they are.

Thanks again.

I have an RE0 on the way to me tomorrow with express shipping, I can't wait to see what they're like and see how they compare to the CK10's.

Jun 10, 2011 at 1:35 PM Post #101 of 110
The RE-0's are an incredible component for the price. I'm sorry if anyone is having problems, especially twice. But there are 2 way of handling everything,
It is unfortunate that the same problem happened twice, but, in the end, all things will work out. That's what you have to bank on. My $$20,000 Emm Labs has failed me
twice, and while I want everything to work perfectly, it doesn't and we have to accept that.  I hope that you problem has a happy ending, and I know Fang, and he will make
it right, at any cost. That's what makes Head-Direct a top notch company. I truly believe you will be happy in the long run, and please know that we are all pulling for you.

Don't get mad, get glad! 
smile.gif

Jun 19, 2011 at 1:32 PM Post #103 of 110

Quote:
If you ask them, is there a chance of them giving you your money back?

My re262 died after 1 month of use.
And the didn't sound amazing.

i think it wouldn't hurt to ask

Jun 19, 2011 at 2:13 PM Post #105 of 110
As long as it's in the warranty period, no one has had an issue getting a refund or replacement. It's company policy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back