RE-ZERO: Photos & First Thoughts - Now with Review Links!
Feb 12, 2011 at 10:25 PM Post #226 of 237
Ah, I see.  I didn't know the S9 was balanced!  I'll have to look into that 
wink.gif

Feb 12, 2011 at 10:27 PM Post #227 of 237
It was done intentionally and there was an explanation for that on another thread, unluckily Cowon dropped it now on their new models. 

Mar 2, 2011 at 7:38 PM Post #228 of 237
So the S9 would have been good for trying out ZERO's balanced ability?  =\
I was going to grab an S9 instead before trying out the J3.

Apr 26, 2011 at 6:05 AM Post #229 of 237
Can anyone compare the bass quantity of RE-ZERO to Brainwavz M1. I am planning to buy the ZEROs. From the reviews, it looks like I will like the sound signature, but just curious how the bass quantity is comared to M1. I am planning to use them with my Clip+ without an amp.

Apr 26, 2011 at 6:28 AM Post #230 of 237
M1s have a little more bass.
Zeros have a quite tight and detailed bass.
If you liked the M1s the ZEROs are a step up in detail and the mids of the ZEROS are more forward which is great for vocals.
I dont have my M1s or ZEROs anymore , but this is how I remember them.

Apr 26, 2011 at 6:43 AM Post #231 of 237

Quote:
M1s have a little more bass.
Zeros have a quite tight and detailed bass.
If you liked the M1s the ZEROs are a step up in detail and the mids of the ZEROS are more forward which is great for vocals.
I dont have my M1s or ZEROs anymore , but this is how I remember them.

Thanks for the reply.

In that case, I think I will like them. I actually purchased the Brainwavz M3 as an upgrade to the Brainwavz M1. But I didn't like the sound signature of M3, because IMO, the bass of M3 is overemphasized compared to rest of the spectrum. While the sound of M1 is much more balanced than the M3.

Oct 24, 2011 at 4:16 PM Post #232 of 237
I think I'm actually enjoying these more than the GR07. It seems more balanced and the mids shine on them more because of this as they are naturally a bit forward. Impeccable clarity throughout the range and with my tips the bass and soundstage shine. 

Monster triple-flanges pushed all the way back (past the usual limit of the nozzle). I used a comply core to keep the tips intact. Tested different tips with low tone sine waves and these tips bring out the most bass. 

Oct 24, 2011 at 5:46 PM Post #233 of 237
I moved from the RE-Zero to the RE-262.  If you want more bass the RE-262 is it.  It's sound is still very refined and balanced, just with a bit more bass emphasis and very good bass extension.

The perfect headphone for me is somewhere between the RE-Zero and RE-262 though... maybe biased toward the RE-262 because it has the right amount of bass, layering, details, etc, all it need is a 2 or 3 dB bump across the entire upper half of the audible frequency range -- it's just barely missing the "energy" the RE-Zeros have in the treble.  IMO of course.  

I hope this helps someone with their next IEM purchase! :)

Oct 24, 2011 at 7:56 PM Post #234 of 237

Quote:
The perfect headphone for me is somewhere between the RE-Zero and RE-262

I think you may be right - I've never owned the RE-ZERO, but I did have the RE0 18 months back and I can relate to everything written about the treble energy/resolution on the RE0. Its interesting to watch each new flagship IEM from HiFiMan, particularly as the prices come down. At 149 USD, the 262s are one of THE bargain buys in audio IMO.

Oct 24, 2011 at 8:13 PM Post #235 of 237
re-zero for 99$ is top bang-for-buck IEM , imo

especially for someone entering the IEM arena and not willing to spend more than 100$

i have moved now to re-272 but i remember the zero with love and appreciation

Sep 2, 2022 at 9:30 PM Post #237 of 237
Does anyone else still having a working RE-Zero? I just dug mine out of storage and after about 20 minutes of getting used to their sound signature I’m really liking them. So much detail and clarity and treble extension compared to the TWS buds I had been using.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back