RE-Zero In-ear headphones Limited Edition Sample Give Away
May 28, 2010 at 2:46 AM Post #16 of 201
I have had a few IEMs in my time, but the one that i keep reaching for is the RE0.
Given the RE-ZERO is an improvement over the RE0, it leaves me to wonder - HOW ?
I am amazed by the clarity and detail, and i am not the only one.
I have friends in Sydney, Brisbane & Gold Coast (Australia) and when i visit them i am always very keen for them to sample the crystal clear sound of my RE0s.
Most of my friends run iPods or iPhones and stock buds and have never truly experienced what a true Hifi IEM sounds like.
It makes me happy to see their eyes light up when they first listen to my RE0s..
I hear a similar comment almost everytime "wow, i can hear details in the music i have never heard before"
Certainly if i win a product sample of the RE-ZERO i am looking forward to showing them off to everyone as i do with the RE0s.
I dont think i will ever sell my RE0s, but if i win the product sample of the RE-ZERO i will keep my RE0s as a backup or maybe as a loaner for some of my iPod friends less fortunate than myself .
Why should I receive the product sample of the RE-ZERO ? , because discussing the subject of SQ with friends is no where near as convincing as the experience of sampling the sound.
RE-ZERO an improvement on the RE0 ? "BRING IT ON"
beerchug.gif

May 28, 2010 at 2:57 AM Post #17 of 201
So far the chinese-based companies I've had experiences with are SoundMagic and Unique Melody. Will head direct be the lucky third one? :D

May 28, 2010 at 3:08 AM Post #18 of 201
To be honest, I don't have a great reason to convince you to send me a pair.  But I would love to hear them!  And if you are generous enough to send a pair my way, I will be sure to post my impressions for all to read.

EDIT:  Oh, and I also have a Protector amp give them a test drive in balanced operation.

May 28, 2010 at 3:38 AM Post #19 of 201
I would really like a sample of these as i want to try out them out, since I haven't tried out the re-0 in the past due to some reports that it lacks bass impact. I guess the RE-Zero having all the traits of re0 + extra bass would really be suitable for me. Haven't really tried any head-direct products, which is why I would like to be given a chance to try your product out.

I would be comparing them to my MTP copper, tf10 and ms1 headphones.

May 28, 2010 at 4:17 AM Post #20 of 201
Oddly enough with the rave reviews of the RSA Protector Amp, I was really curious as to how a balanced dynamic IEM would sound beyond the usual custom 3-driver IEMS. Because I do adore the sound signature of my RE-0, I began searching whether or not the RE-0 could be reterminated or if it needed an entirely new cable (as opposed to buying say an ER-4S and recabling them).

Well, the RE-Zero are exactly what I was looking for - a slightly improved RE-0 that already has a built in balanced cable. I believe that portable balanced is what portable head-fi is moving to, and obviously with the RE-Zero is an example of the portable head-fi progression. Plus at the RE-Zero's amazing price point, I wouldn't see why anyone wouldn't give this a shot if they had a balanced amp such as the protector.

Regardless whether or not I'll win the RE-Zero, I have to try this headphone out, and the RE-Zero's $99 is an incredible value that I will not pass up, especially given the limited edition nature of this product. More importantly, I'd love to compare to difference between single ended and balanced audio, see what the hype is all about.

May 28, 2010 at 5:24 AM Post #21 of 201
I've recently bought a whole batch of IEMs, namely, the Fischer Audio Eternas, the Cyclone PR1 Pros and the Head-Direct Re0s. And I have to say the Re0s are by far my favorite out of the whole bunch. I've tried them with my all-time favorite album "Reachin" by Digable Planets - probably one of the most multi-layered albums ever - and was totally amazed to make out new details that I've never heard before (listening to the album since 1993!). It'd be interesting to see if the RE-Zeros would let me dive in even further into that amazing album. Obviously, I'd report on my findings here, plus I'd add them to my planned multi-IEM review for German gadget blog www.newgadgets.de (have Brainwavz M2 incoming too).

May 28, 2010 at 6:01 AM Post #22 of 201
I'm still new to this audio hobby, but so are many of my friends whom I have introduced to my fantastic Re0's. Four of which eventually went on to buy the re0 or re2 as well.
Although I've only listened to a limited number of iem's, some of which are up to 5 times the price of the Re0, I have always prefered my Re0 over all for it's clarity and detail (not to mention generous value) even with its shortfall in bass level; I planned to remedy this by purchasing the Re252 at a later date to fill that void as upgraditis is slowly eating into me.

To win the chance to listen to a sample product of the new RE-Zero would be a fantastic oppurtunity for me to become more involved with this community and taking another step forward into Audiophilia. I would love to review this product with my gear as well as many other iem's that are available to me and share my thoughts on what is to be yet another amazing Head-Direct Product.

May 28, 2010 at 6:02 AM Post #23 of 201
Well I don't have much to say. I loved Head-direct products. I bought the RE1 when it was $139 more than a year ago and it still is my no 1 IEM.

I would love to try out the RE0 as I always felt the RE0s bass was lacking and this RE- ZERO seems to be just what the doctor ordered !
smile.gif

May 28, 2010 at 6:03 AM Post #24 of 201
well I can't afford one! but would like to have one.

May 28, 2010 at 6:35 AM Post #25 of 201
I have had many IEM's from budget to high end. I also have a few DAPs, have had many Portable amps/Dacs. I have written a few reviews as well. I wouldn't mind writing another one while I am stuck at my College this entire summer doing research. The summer is hot, music helps.

May 28, 2010 at 6:51 AM Post #26 of 201
Hey there,

I really think you should send me over a sample because I've been looking very closely at the HeadDirect and have seen some good things so far, and I'm expecting big things to come yet.  I don't own a HeadDirect product yet, but I have been looking for IEMs/buds, and you seem to have some stellar reviews.

Infact, you should give them to me for that reason.  I don't own a HeadDirect product yet, and you would earn yourself a dedicated customer if I'm impressed with the RE-Zeros.

That, and I'm awesome.  And so are you.  And flattery gets you everywhere.

Nathan / Hybrys

Edit: And a public review.  I guess I could do that too.  That would be nice and stuff.  I can be nice and stuff.

May 28, 2010 at 7:28 AM Post #27 of 201
I think you should give me a pair because even though I haven't heard the RE0, I've always wanted to hear it, and I would love to hear how the RE-ZERO beats its predecessor out. I would be able to compare it to the Turbine Pro Copper, which is somewhat of a FOTM here, at about three times its price. If it were able to beat the Coppers out, it would be quite the feat seeing as the Coppers compare to current top tier headphones. I would also be able to compare it to the AKG K271 and UE SF4.

I would be able to use three different mobile sources. An iPod 5th gen video, what a lot of the general population uses, a Sony A726, a more "audiophile" player, and an HTC HD2, for the people who listen to music on their phones. I would test them on at least 7 different genres and write about how they portray each album.

I've always admired Head-Direct's products, more specifically, your advances in orthodynamic and electrostatic headphones. I plan on hopefully being able to own a pair some day.

May 28, 2010 at 11:58 AM Post #28 of 201
I have the RE0 and I think I'd really enjoy the RE-ZERO, I think you should give it to someone with more experience in the studio and listening to reference-quality equipment. Therefore, I recommend Lunatique. I've read many of his posts and it seems he'd be able to write a good review that caters to people like me. Just make sure he reviews it.

May 28, 2010 at 1:08 PM Post #29 of 201
I own the Re0s and have owned the RE252s. I will be a good canditate for a sample because I will be able to see how it fares as an introductory IEM compared to these two. I own a sansa player like many portable headfi newbs and so I will use that as a source to do the comparison that will help many new comers to this hobby.

May 28, 2010 at 4:04 PM Post #30 of 201
I'd be interested in a pair of RE-Zero because portable audio has been a great passion of mine. I have searched far and wide for the perfect set of IEMs and having trying many top tiers like the CK10, Westone 3, and Triplefi 10, the top two in my mind so far are still the RE0 and the Ortofon e-Q7. The only reason I sold my RE0 we because of the lack of bass, but if the new silver coil improves upon that, the Ortofon may have to move over.

I am a staunch supporter of bang/buck and I have actually been looking to replace the Ortofon e-Q7 just due to the fact that it costs so much ($320) and the bang/buck ratio isn't that high. These RE-Zero look promising especially in the bang/buck regard, as hifiman is definitely the king in that arena (the RE0 are hands down the best bang/buck audio product i've ever purchased).

Also, recently I've started to agree with the idea of minimalistic portable audio where you only have a DAP and an IEM coming out of the headphone out. The practicality of lugging around a DAP, amp, LOD, and IEMs just didn't appeal to me anymore. The RE-Zero look to be the perfect candidate as IEMs that sound great straight out of an mp3 player and don't require an amplifer. The RE-Zero could just possibly be the IEM that I've been looking for and I'd be delighted to get a sample.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back