Ray Samuels RAPTOR (texas size pics) #8001
Apr 1, 2005 at 11:09 PM Post #121 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812
no KenW you must start buying tubes now!!!!

I need more tubes to, anyone know a place in chicago i can some up..
I think i am good till tomorrow hehe

tubes I want to eat them like warm cookies

YGPM

Apr 4, 2005 at 3:38 PM Post #124 of 158
Billy, I am curious, my recollection from the Chicago meet was that the prototype Raptor sounded much like the Stealth. It's been awhile and it was during crowded meet conditions. I am assuming of course that you have had a chance to audition the Stealth. Thanks.

Apr 5, 2005 at 1:02 AM Post #125 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
Billy, I am curious, my recollection from the Chicago meet was that the prototype Raptor sounded much like the Stealth. It's been awhile and it was during crowded meet conditions. I am assuming of course that you have had a chance to audition the Stealth. Thanks.

honestly its more of a side move from Ray in sound, different from the stealth. more neutral and yet way more pwer and heat.

headamp against headamp it makes the stealth look bad at even the intro price of $1500.00 (the intro price of the stealth way back when).

The stealth is a great pre-amp for speakers, but headamp wise the raptor eats it alive..imo of course

Apr 5, 2005 at 1:05 AM Post #126 of 158
Quote:

honestly its more of a side move from Ray in sound, different from the stealth. more neutral and yet way more pwer and heat.

headamp against headamp it makes the stealth look bad at even the intro price of $1500.00 (the intro price of the stealth way back when).

The stealth is a great pre-amp for speakers, but headamp wise the raptor eats it alive..imo of course

I was listening at the meet and it was pretty noisy and I felt rushed because of so many people and my own time limitations. I will have one soon enough. I think with the Dynahi and Raptor, I will have the best of both worlds.

Apr 5, 2005 at 1:17 AM Post #128 of 158
Quote:

no KenW you must start buying tubes now!!!!

Oh, be still my heart!! Do you know something I don't?? Have you an update from Ray?? Is my misery at an end.....FINALLY?!!?!
blink.gif
blink.gif

Apr 5, 2005 at 1:18 AM Post #129 of 158
Quote:

i agree with you, both are great amps but the raptor may step into dyna land alittle more then you think.

rite now i am going to test the raptors sonic performance at the movies...

tonight updates!

Is there no end to the salt you supply for my wound?? ;(

Apr 5, 2005 at 1:44 AM Post #131 of 158
Quote:

Tonight.....

rite now she is warming up and hooked to my onkyo dvd player, I will take pics and host them later...really I have my bet on this one pulling it off well!

Just so darned happy for you, Billy!! BAAHHH!!! HUUMMBBUUGG!!!

Apr 5, 2005 at 1:53 AM Post #133 of 158
Quote:

[size=medium]TAKE A GUESS WHAT DINOSAUR IS ON THE SCREEN![/size]

raptor049.jpg

raptor043.jpg

raptor050.jpg

oK I GO listen...i mean wATCH the movie....

You....you.....<curses under breath>....

Someone go to Billy's house, break his freaking camera and steal the raptor for me! I'll pay top dollar!!
frown.gif

Apr 5, 2005 at 2:08 AM Post #134 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by KenW
You....you.....<curses under breath>....

Someone go to Billy's house, break his freaking camera and steal the raptor for me! I'll pay top dollar!!
frown.gif

Ha Ha, everywhere I look there are bunch of amps being released. Priceless.

Apr 5, 2005 at 2:11 AM Post #135 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
Ha Ha, everywhere I look there are bunch of amps being released. Priceless.

Ah, that's more like it!
icon10.gif

You've been awfully quiet lately Pinkie. Whazzup?? Max out the old credit card?
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back