Ray Samuels RAPTOR (texas size pics) #8001
Apr 5, 2005 at 3:28 AM Post #151 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
Wow you will have three amps to play with!!!!! I suppose if you wanted to be nice you could lend it to KennyW, but then why don't you be mean and not!!!

Or you could for a small price.....

I already offered him the HD25. I will not part with the Dynahi or Raptor. I am a nice guy but I am not nuts.
wink.gif

Apr 5, 2005 at 3:51 AM Post #152 of 158
HERE it IS REVIEW #2!!! (in this thread)

Well something about the raptor has been brothering me alot the last couple of days....something I couldnt put my finger on until this mourning...

I have had week demos all alot of good amps (dyna,ppx3,woo,eddie,etc) but there is something so different from the raptor I havent heard before off any amp....which is the same thing that puts the raptor in a different place.

Last night I sat down with the Raptor and the hr-2 going back and forth, back and forth...for hours! they sound the same in sonics going back and forth but there was still something in the raptor that was different then in the hr-2, it was the samething different from any other amp I tried...

comparing old (and I mean old) notes from all the prevous amps and gear I tried I found what described what I was hearing in the Raptor...or atleast the closest I could find...

the notes where taken July 31st of last year after a meet I hosted, and the match I found (in what I kept hearing off the raptor not on any other amps) was found on the "Pioneer SE-DIR800C Dolby Digital Surround Headphone" THAT reynmen brought to the meet....

let me explain...
The raptor (using the senn600's) throws so much of the music to your sides and back it almost (atleast in my setup) can pass as a surround sound headphone.
going from the hr-2 to the raptor is like going from cd to a sacd....

thats rite! and once I pinned it down all the music I heard afterwards using the raptor had me thinking if Ray put in some kind of dolby surround sound dsp chip of sorts...lol

well I had to test my theory in a real surround sound setting.......

get the popcorn cause the Raptor is going to the movies..hehe (i love saying that)

gear used..

audio:
Onkyo dvcp701 dvd changer
mit termenator 3 rca inter connects
RAY Samuels Raptor headamp
Stock tubes, ge12au7/phil black plate 5687
cardas senn cable (20ft)
Sennheiser HD600

Video:
Sony KV40XBR800 tv
monster copent R/G/B cable (for true progressive scan viewing)

movie:
JuRASSIC PARK 1

review,
Chap4 you hear the theme music in backof you as they fly onto the land, the chopper sound is above you.
Chap3 when the two boys meet to exchange the money you hear the spanish music and chickens behind you and around you.
Chap8, you hear the projectors changing the slides when they are at the dinner table all around you.
Chap9, when everyone gets out of the tour cars to see the sick tri-dino you hear perfectly the mid deep tones of the dino's sickly groans at any location when called on.
chap13 when the really big dino comes in for the case you hear the foot steps of her rite in the location you would off with 5.1 speakers...

is it true surround?
not sure really cause you get a great idea where the sounds are coming from all around you plus youll get alot of how high from the ground type sounds you will not get of speakers..............

its more like the raptor is binauraling any sound it takes in....interesting to say the least...

Jul 28, 2008 at 3:21 AM Post #156 of 158
Ooooo... It hurts. So bad but so good. An excellent setup.

Sep 22, 2008 at 4:01 PM Post #158 of 158
Glad that I found this thread too. I am not only subscribing to this thread, I am getting ready to own one too. My dreams will be become reality in a week or two. Looking at NOS tubes as I type now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akabeth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Finally found this thread!
biggrin.gif

Instant subscribe.
I am right now in between HR-2 and Raptor :\
Edit: wth lol All I see is people talking

Users who are viewing this thread

Back