Ray Samuels RAPTOR (texas size pics) #8001
Apr 5, 2005 at 2:13 AM Post #136 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812
honestly its more of a side move from Ray in sound, different from the stealth. more neutral and yet way more pwer and heat.

headamp against headamp it makes the stealth look bad at even the intro price of $1500.00 (the intro price of the stealth way back when).

The stealth is a great pre-amp for speakers, but headamp wise the raptor eats it alive..imo of course

I concur...the raptor is Ray's most transparent and neutral amp, if you have a high end source and you want to hear it in all its glory, the raptor is very hard to beat, i would take the raptor headamp over the stealth headamp any day of the week, but the preamp sounds freaking incredible.

Apr 5, 2005 at 2:14 AM Post #137 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by KenW
Ah, that's more like it!
icon10.gif

You've been awfully quiet lately Pinkie. Whazzup?? Max out the old credit card?
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

I have been talking to Ray about custom mods for my Raptor...what about you, have you actually GOT one.....
rs1smile.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

It times like these, priceless.

Apr 5, 2005 at 2:17 AM Post #139 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
I have been talking to Ray about custom mods for my Raptor...what about you, have you actually GOT one.....
rs1smile.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

It times like these, priceless.

Oh yeah??? Well.............................................. ...OH YEAH?!

Apr 5, 2005 at 2:22 AM Post #140 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by recstar24
Now boys, play nice, you'll both have raptors soon enough, then you guys can fight over who has the best tubes!

Oh I don't care if he has the best tubes. He could have the best tubes in the world at the moment and you would know what that mean???? zip....you gotta have the amp first.....Mr. Ampless.....golden.....
rs1smile.gif

Apr 5, 2005 at 2:24 AM Post #141 of 158
Quote:

Oh I don't care if he has the best tubes. He could have the best tubes in the world at the moment and you would know what that mean???? zip....you gotta have the amp first.....Mr. Ampless.....golden.....
rs1smile.gif

Ha ha....very funny. Tubes but no amp....have your fun but even so, I've got some early ideas on where to stick them thar tubes!!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 5, 2005 at 2:52 AM Post #142 of 158
Quote:

rs1smile.gif

Quote:

Ha ha....very funny. Tubes but no amp....have your fun but even so, I've got some early ideas on where to stick them thar tubes!!

What I can't wait for is both your reactions when I post pictures of the Raptor from my very comfortable listening room. My wife will be away for the weekend so I will have all that free time to bask in the glory of what is the Veda Audio Dynahi SA and the Emmeline II The Raptor. I will sit here and read, with a big smile on my face, the two of you going back and forth. Very entertaining, I must say. The choices with be tough. Do I listen to the Dyanhi with the SA5k's or the ms-pros. No, maybe the Raptor and the ms-pro's or the SA5k's. I am not sure I can handle the pressure of thes choices. Or should I take pics of me and my dogs sitting with a bottle of Dogfish Head 90 Minute Imperial IPA. The dogs will listen through the speakers of course and drink from their bowls. I will have the bottle, the Raptor/Dynahi. Stay tuned.........

Apr 5, 2005 at 3:00 AM Post #143 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
What I can't wait for is both your reactions when I post pictures of the Raptor from my very comfortable listening room. My wife will be away for the weekend so I will have all that free time to bask in the glory of what is the Veda Audio Dynahi SA and the Emmeline II The Raptor. I will sit here and read, with a big smile on my face, the two of you going back and forth. Very entertaining, I must say. The choices with be tough. Do I listen to the Dyanhi with the SA5k's or the ms-pros. No, maybe the Raptor and the ms-pro's or the SA5k's. I am not sure I can handle the pressure of thes choices. Or should I take pics of me and my dogs sitting with a bottle of Dogfish Head 90 Minute Imperial IPA. The dogs will listen through the speakers of course and drink from their bowls. I will have the bottle, the Raptor/Dynahi. Stay tuned.........

What number are you dude?

Apr 5, 2005 at 3:02 AM Post #144 of 158
Quote:

I hate this place.
frown.gif

I'm gonna hit the sack. Not much reason to hang here but if someone catches Ray's ear if he pops up on the board for a bit, will you give him a message for me???

[size=large]WHINE!!!!![/size]

Apr 5, 2005 at 3:07 AM Post #145 of 158
Quote:

What number are you dude?

What's a number, who needs numbers. After all, it's not about numbers, it's about the Raptor, and it will be landing in my living room on.............

Apr 5, 2005 at 3:07 AM Post #146 of 158
Quote:

I hate this place.
frown.gif

I'm gonna hit the sack. Not much reason to hang here but if someone catches Ray's ear if he pops up on the board for a bit, will you give him a message for me???

Poor Ken... do you want me to send you one of my amps?
wink.gif

Apr 5, 2005 at 3:10 AM Post #147 of 158
Quote:

I hate this place.
frown.gif

You should get some sleep. It's been a rough few days for you. Me, on the otherhand will go to sleep soon as it will bring me a day closer to audio nirvana, the Dynahi and Raptor. Which means it will be here in ... days.

Apr 5, 2005 at 3:15 AM Post #148 of 158
Quote:

You should get some sleep. It's been a rough few days for you. Me, on the otherhand will go to sleep soon as it will bring me a day closer to audio nirvana, the Dynahi and Raptor. Which means it will be here in ... days.

Ha ha but don't think you will be allowed back into the team. well maybe, your still funny.

He's had a "few" rough days??? I think IIRC it was Feb since he was amped. It's now April, Where's the Justice????

I think I would go nuts without my multiple amps. That's why I have 3 here and another 5 in Ottawa.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 5, 2005 at 3:20 AM Post #149 of 158
Quote:

Ha ha but don't think you will be allowed back into the team. well maybe, your still funny.

He's had a "few" rough days??? I think IIRC it was Feb since he was amped. It's now April, Where's the Justice????

I am not without compassion for the young man. I did offer him the HD25. I am not without a heart. Of course in about ___ days I will will have no more use for the HD25, as good as it is.

Apr 5, 2005 at 3:23 AM Post #150 of 158
Quote:

I am not without compassion for the young man. I did offer him the HD25. I am not without a heart. Of course in about ___ days I will will have no more use for the HD25, as good as it is.

Wow you will have three amps to play with!!!!! I suppose if you wanted to be nice you could lend it to KennyW, but then why don't you be mean and not!!!

Or you could for a small price.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back